A shitty weekend for J-Mill. I won't get into details, but let's just say . . . his lack of links this weekend was very well justified.
At least he wasn't in Ferguson this weekend. Presumably. (Oh, and on a side note . . . I'm staying away from that subject with a mile-long pole, and I trust that you all will not speak of it in the comments . . . this isn't fucking Facebook and you're not my crazy uncle.)
Here's a few links. You'll find out a lot of things suck, but some things are still awesome:
- Brett Hull turned 50 on Saturday. Hullie best. Hildy summarizes. [SLGT]
- It didn't go OVERLY well, and we didn't have a recap, but we DID do a Throwback Gameday of Game 2 of the 1997 Western Conference Quarterfinals between the Blues and Red Wings on Saturday. CrossCheckRaise did Road Music . . . [SLGT] . . . and here's the GDT that it appears no one was available for . . . [SLGT]
- Puck Daddy's Summer of Disappointment series continued with the Avalanche(s) . . . [Puck Daddy] . . . Capitals . . . [Puck Daddy] . . . Senators . . . [Puck Daddy] . . . and
PhoenixArizona Coyotes . . . [Puck Daddy]
- The Color of Hockey recounts a piece they did last year about the long history of men of color in professional hockey. This is pretty cool. [Color of Hockey]
- Ryan Lambert believes Brendan Shanahan has made the Maple Leafs bulletproof, and writes as much in last week's Trending Topics piece. [Puck Daddy]
- NASCAR driver Tony Stewart killed an opposing racer with his car on a dirt track on Saturday, and now the authorities have to figure out if he did it on purpose. Here's a StoryStream on this really distressing story that, no matter how you look at it, really really sucks. [SB Nation]
- I haven't gotten to see this, but here's a PBS Frontline report on "Generation Like", basically a report on our next generation (which includes some of your kids). (S/T to Jason Giles . . . passed along by J-Mill) [PBS / Frontline]
- Apparently, fans of Big Brother on Twitter know nothing about "The Heidi Game". These people DEFINITELY suck. [SB Nation / Lookit]
- And your video . . . over the weekend, as part of my job I had to take a training course on the responsible sale and serving of alcohol. I found some of the videos amusing, and will share a few this week as they are readily available on YouTube. This'll be my only video today, but we'll start with a technique on how to slow service to customers to prevent a problem later:
The first sign he should've cut them off is if he'd noticed when the lady said "This bartender is SO CUTE!" to her friend . . . but I guess he missed it and decided to slow them down instead. Pshhhhh.
You have links? You have videos? You have other random shit? Sure you do. Come on down:
- gtdonutking AT gmail DOT com
And remember, we'll have a new episode of Beyond Checkerdome later this week . . . Episode 49!