It still holds true . . . wanna be talking about Ferguson? You best be going somewhere else. The banhammer is ready.
- Episode 49 of Beyond Checkerdome went up yesterday. We talked about Dancin' Steve Wagner, how dumb it is to tell people how to be a Blues fan, all-time greatest Blues at each position and other stuff and things. [SLGT]
- We have a new pal in the FanPosts . . . Jheil22. And he was busy yesterday. First, his thoughts on the Blues' draft (though, again, not as thorough as Brian). [SLGT FanPosts]
- Next, a projection of who the team's top ten goal-scorers could be. [SLGT FanPosts]
- And finally, a retrospective on Brett Hull, who was awesome. [SLGT FanPosts]
- Number one on Ryan Lambert's weekly Power Rankings? "Desperation". That and SO much more in this piece. [Puck Daddy]
- Victor Coleman wants hockey in Seattle. I want hockey in Seattle. Does the city want hockey in Seattle? Well, that may be the problem. [KING 5]
- The Sharks' history has been pretty disappointing, so this Summer of Disappointment piece couldn't have been hard to write. [Puck Daddy]
- Nearly 106 consecutive hours of hockey. That's a shitload of hockey. And a world record, if it gets confirmed. [Nanaimo Daily News]
- Icethetics has all the news about upcoming changes to NHL uniforms, including the Blues' new threads that we already know are pretty much coming . . . in, what, a couple weeks? [Icethetics]
- Islanders first-rounder Josh Ho-Sang paid a visit to his former summer team, the Skillz Black Aces, over the last week. [Color of Hockey]
- To many's surprise, the Oilers hired analytics maven Tyler Dellow last week. And now everyone's talking about analytics. Because, y'know, they're helpful. [The Globe & Mail]
- We kinda sorta but not really crammed soccer down your throat during the World Cup, so it's only fair that we give you a link that turns its' attention to what may be the greatest soccer league in the world, the English Premier League. GO GEORDIES. [SB Nation]
- Here's everything you need to know about all kinds of drinking and staying healthy. Yes, even alcohol. OF COURSE there's booze. [Deadspin / Fittish]
- Tiger Woods will not be participating in the Ryder Cup this year. Which is . . . shocking, except the whole, y'know, injury thing. [SB Nation]
- Having a prize steer can really pay off. Take this case, from my home state of Illinois. [Y! / AP]
First, we complete our bartender training with . . . well, the ol' switcheroo. Watch:
Yep. That's gotta blow.
Then . . . remember Wendy O. Williams? Well, now you do. (thanks to Childhood Trauma with the S/T on this one):
Nope, she seemed totally stable.
Well that'll do it for me this week. Hopefully, J-Mill will have weekend links for you, if shit doesn't go down in his neck of the woods. Again. Help a brother out:
- jasonmcadams1120 AT gmail DOT com