The best way to make a Bloody Mary? In a blender.
Also, I'm less than two weeks away from being married. Wild shit, man. Wild shit.
Here's a few links:
- The biggest hole on the Blues roster this season, according to the "experts", is goaltending. CanesAndBluesFan doesn't seem to think that's the case (and even throws in an excellent, somewhat obscure Suicidal Tendencies reference). [SLGT]
- Puck Daddy continued their Summer of Disappointment series over the weekend with the Kings . . . [Puck Daddy] . . . and the Panthers, who know a thing or two on the subject. [Puck Daddy]
- The venue for the Winter Classic game in DC between the Blackhawks and Capitals has not been finalized. FedEx Field is not in the running, but believed to be involved are Nationals Park (the favorite), RFK Stadium (the backup) and . . . the National Mall? Whoa. [CBS Sports Eye on Hockey]
- While the Edmonton Oilers still are young and probably still gonna suck in the NHL next year, the Tulsa Oilers are in the Central Hockey League and are going to make a jersey out of selfies. Because 2014. [Puck Daddy]
- 1) They have a zoo in Madison, Wisconsin? 2) Wait, really? There's a fucking ZOO in that town?! I thought the University of Wisconsin was already enough of a zoo. [Y! / AP]
- Kids are assholes with baseballs, apparently. Even Cardinals fans. #BFiB [Deadspin]
- As noted by J-Mill Saturday . . . the English Premier League season opened up. My team, Newcastle United, got to host Manchester City yesterday in their opener. It did not end well for the Geordies, somewhat predictably but not without a fight. [Coming Home Newcastle]
- And your video . . . my fiancee is a huge fan of The Civil Wars, and they recently announced that they are officially done as a group. And she's pretty sad about it. Here's a cover of "Billie Jean" they did once. It is awesome:
Like, TOTALLY awesome, in a "Chris Cornell cover of 'Billie Jean'" way.
Get the week kicked off with links, videos and other good shit:
- gtdonutking AT gmail DOT com
Stay tuned for our next Throwback Thursday poll, coming up later this morning courtesy of RBR.
Also, no Beyond Checkerdome this week, but we've got something special and interesting up our sleeves for Episode 50 NEXT week. So stay tuned!