Busy links day? Goddamn right. So let's get to clicking!
- Blues enforcer Ryan Reaves is on Twitter, and this time it was verified by the team, the press AND a couple players (and if Chris Pinkert does his job . . by Twitter, eventually, with a blue checkmark). Give him a follow, eh? [Twitter / @rreaves75]
- The Red Wings' logo is number four on The Hockey News's NHL logo rankings. This means the Blues are in the top three. Also, it goes without saying but definitely should be (especially to piss this guy off, even though he's a Blue Jackets fan and really should hate the shit out of the Wings too) . . . Fuck Detroit. (S/T to adroq) [The Hockey News]
- It's the Sabres' turn to recount all the disappointing shit of their existence. And boy, have they had quite a few. [Puck Daddy]
- Current UFA Ryan Malone pleaded No Contest to his DUI charge and agreed to a pretrial diversion program for his cocaine possession charge. [Tampa Bay Times]
- The Maple Leafs are apparently interested in winning now. They hired co-founder of Extra Skater, Darryl Metcalf . . . along with analytics blogger Cam Charron and Yahoo junior hockey blogger Rob Pettapiece, and it appears they have basically formulated their own analytics department. The Summer of Fancy Stats continues! But yeah, bad news is . . . Extra Skater, a valuable source for such numbers, is . . . obviously . . . dead. [Puck Daddy]
- Former Capitals co-owner Jon Ledecky and London-based investor Scott Malkin have, essentially, purchased the Islanders from Charles Wang, though it won't take effect for a couple years. [Islanders]
- "I'm gonna hold out if you don't give me what I want, Jarmo." "DON'T HOLD OUT, FUCKFACE!" . . . yeah, the Ryan Johansen situation with the BeeJays hasn't gotten too much better. [Columbus Dispatch / Puck-Rakers]
- Even if he spells his first name wrong (for MY liking, anyway) . . . Clarke MacArthur has an awesome name. And now, the Senators forward (and stat-heads' darling) has a five-year deal worth a total of $23.25MM. Phat cash stax, yo. [Senators]
- I don't use my links for personal gain, but I sometimes do use it for help that is of a somewhat personal nature, even if I feel a bit ashamed of doing so . . . my youngest nephew lost a really, really close friend of his in a car accident over the weekend. He was only 18 years old. His family cannot afford the funeral and could use all the help they could get at the moment. If you can spare anything, please help out. RIP, Chris. You were a good kid. [Go Fund Me]
- Most of the names of these 29 Games No One Plays Anymore sound like pet names for private parts or pet names for taking a shit. I love this list. (S/T to CrossCheckRaise) [mental_floss]
- Northern Illinois University is not known for its' stellar basketball teams. Now, NIU is gonna be known for a gaudy, Godawful basketball court. [SB Nation / Lookit]
- How much is $100 worth in each state? Well, my current home state of Montana comes out well, Missouri comes out REALLY well and Illinois comes out . . . well, yeah. (S/T to Kate) [mental_floss]
- As someone who works at a casino and is in charge of money, I see stories like this and cringe at the fact that this happens but doesn't happen more often. [Y! / AP]
- University of Connecticut starting quarterback Casey Cochran is apparently from Granite City. Sweet mullet, dude. [Deadspin]
- Was it said by a coach . . . or a dictator? Take the quiz! [SB Nation]
First, the Star Wars theme . . . in DISCO. Did we really need this, 70's? (S/T to Kate, and you don't have to listen to the whole damn thing, it's 15+ minutes long):
Hustle and shake and whatever.
Then . . . Canucks prospect Jordan Subban (yep, the brother of . . . that one guy you've heard of) scores what can only be described as a bleeding INSANE goal against . . . his brother, Malcolm Subban . . . because, I mean, shit, why not? Look at this:
Wow. To have THAT kind of hand-eye coordination.
More links tomorrow . . . help a brotha out, yo:
- gtdonutking AT gmail DOT com
And again, make sure you vote for your Throwback Thursday game!