Love you, Mom.
- Hildy shares her thoughts on the Blues earning a #3 ranking from The Hockey News in their logo rankings. [SLGT]
- CanesAndBluesFan shares some thoughts he had written down (typed out?) about Corsi Rel a couple years ago. [SLGT]
- Keith Tkachuk is a few years (and from all reports, about 100 pounds) removed from the Blues, but he does like the team's building plan. (S/T to HallPlante) [ESPN / Cross Checks]
- The Ottawa 67's are loading up on former Blues on their staff. First it was Jeff Brown . . . now? Mike Eastwood is headed there. (S/T to CrossCheckRaise) [Tumblr / OSEG Media]
- Comparing the NCAA route to the CHL route as far as player development, the NCAA fucks themselves thanks to their amateurism rules, as notes Ryan Lambert in a Trending Topics extra. [Puck Daddy]
- Connor McDavid, aka "Connor McHockey", aka "Pretty much the automatic #1 overall pick of the 2015 NHL Draft" . . . has already thought about life in Buffalo. Wonder if they told him about the draft lottery changes, eh? [Buffalo Hockey Beat]
- Another team that has at least one more Cup than the Blues, the Lightning(s), have a fan that can recount their disappointments. [Puck Daddy]
- Longtime SportsCenter anchor and former college goaltender Linda Cohn got her arm sliced up by a coin machine knocked over by some kids at a hockey rink in upstate New York, and is now suing the rink for negligence. [New York Post]
- Columbus has been waiting for-Goddamn-ever for their All-Star Game. And apparently they're gonna get chrome-styled uniforms for the game. Oh joy. [Icethetics]
- So, some Manchester United fan dropped his job and his free time to run a Twitter account (and, presumably, a blog) for his favorite soccer team. This was less than a week ago that it started, and it's already dead. Good work, dumbass. [Deadspin / Screamer]
- THE BRITISH BURNED WASHINGTON D.C. . . . uhhhhh, exactly two centuries ago. Here's a recounting of the events that happened leading to this, nearly 200 years to the week. (S/T to Kate) [NPR]
THREE videos today!
First, Peter Stastny scored a penalty shot goal at a charity game for Pavol Demitra in Slovakia. Guess he ain't TOO old yet. (Sent in by a couple folks . . . S/T's to hildymac and adroq):
Yeah, that was kind of a "meh" effort by the goalie. As he should, in such a situation.
Then, a particularly "bouncy" tune from the Mike era of Mystery Science Theater 3000. (S/T to Kate):
Ain't that the tits.
Finally . . . ever seen a fish eat a shark? Well, technically, sharks ARE fish but HOLY SHIT LOOK AT THIS. (S/T to CrossCheckRaise):
Fuck Shark Week.
I'll be doing one more links post before I go off and get hitched and junk, so send stuff:
- gtdonutking AT gmail DOT com
There was a little snag with Throwback Thursday. Hopefully Flashback Friday will be the redeemer! So stay tuned.