So we're going every other day the rest of August. Just go with it.
- As you may have heard by now, the Blues showcased the new jerseys on Monday. They're pretty flipping sweet. [SLGT]
- Earlier Monday, our returning locals from Chaminade, Paul Stastny and Chris Butler , stopped by their old stomping grounds. [STLToday]
- Speaking of The Prodigal Son/Younger Brother, apparently Doug Armstrong held a meeting with David Backes and Alexander Steen before bringing in the high profile center. [NHL.com]
- Meanwhile, Jaden Schwartz is still a restricted free agent, and apparently things aren't close at the moment. [Pro Hockey Talk]
- EA Sports has done a lot of work to improve many things...but apparently having more than one shade of black skin is beyond their abilities. Ryan Reaves is not happy. [Puck Daddy]
- Hitch's Hat made a pancake shaped like Ken Hitchcock. And it looks pretty damn good. And now I'm hungry. [SLGT Fanpost]
- The big news circling around yesterday is that despite Gary Bettman's protestations, NHL expansion into Las Vegas is reportedly a "done deal." [The Score]
- Other reports say that Vegas would be part of a 4 city expansion plan that would also include Seattle, Quebec City, and the mythical Toronto 2. (Sticktap to uiwwildthing2.) [Sports Illustrated]
- Just in case there's smoke to all this fire, we'll be going through an expansion draft in the next few years. So as a refresher, here's how that went down last time the NHL expanded into Columbus and Minnesota in 2000. (Sticktap to CrossCheckRaise.) [Wikipedia]
- Want a piece of other people's disappointments? Have a taste of the Ducks' mighty failures...[Puck Daddy]
- ...and HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA fuck Detroit. [Puck Daddy]
- The Penguins will likely enter training camp and possibly even the season with Marc-Andre Fleury still without a contract. [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review]
- SBNation continues their off season series of defunct NHL teams with the first team in the Big Apple: the New York Americans. I love them, because America. [SBNation NHL]
- There are a lot of American players coming up in the draft in a couple of years. U-S-A! U-S-A! [The Hockey News]
- The theme song to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is awesome. The only thing better is putting new words to it. Here are a collection of Wikipedia entries that fit exactly into the music, including "Newton's Second Law of Motion" and "Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever." [xkcd]
- The SBNation writers ranked the best pizza-styles from each city. We...uhhh...don't exactly do too well. But at least they recognize "Chicago style" as they should. [SBNation]
- I finally got chosen to do the Ice Bucket Challenge. Here are a bunch of people fucking it up. [Deadspin]
- ESPN was fucking disgusting yesterday, reporting on who on the Rams roster has been showering with Michael Sam. [Turf Show Times]
When I say "every other day," I mean "okay, maybe we'll do some tomorrow." For the slowest part of the season, there was some really good stuff the last couple of days.
Either way, send me some shit.
- jasonmcadams1120 AT gmail DOT com