Apparently, Harrison Mooney is really bad at flirting. I'd link to what happened, but I don't want to give that hypocritical site any extra hits. On the one hand, I enjoyed his Puck Daddy writings...on the other hand, fuck that guy.
Moving on, shall we?
- CanesAndBluesFan grades all of the Blues' offseason moves. I really agree with his reasoning for Paul Stastny, though I'm not sure I quite agree with the actual grade. Still some good stuff, though. [SLGT]
- Today's a pretty special day for our own Prince of Pastries/Sultan of Sweets/Donut King, Tyler Atwood. Please send your benedictions, congratulations, and to see if there's anything left on their registry. And yes, this counts as "Blues News" because it's August 30th. [Twitter @KingDonutI]
- The Steve Moore v. Todd Bertuzzi case has been removed from it's September 8th court docket, further evidence that the two sides are close to a settlement. [Pro Hockey Talk]
- Nicklas Backstrom finally got his Olympic silver medal, after having been wrongfully disqualified shortly before the gold medal game against The Red-and-White Menace. This is probably the first time in history that a hockey player was happy about receiving a silver medal. [IIHF]
- Usually I only put one, maybe two Puck Daddy links in a day, because I assume you read PD at least once a day already. But today there are a few that I really can't not link, starting with...[drum roll]...JERSEY FOULS!!! [Puck Daddy]
- Next, Ryan Lambert wonders if the rumored NHL expansion plans are actually a good a idea. [Puck Daddy]
- And finally, the biggest disappointments in Vancouver Canucks history. I have to say, the category of "Most Disappointing Canucks Jersey Ever" might be the most competitive of the entire series. [Puck Daddy]
- You can now wear a T-shirt of an 8-bit hockey player from each team (and the major national teams). You can thank CrossCheckRaise with your sticktaps. [Eight Bit Hockey]
- Iggy Azalea is an Australian white female rapper - you've no doubt heard her hit "Fancy" - and Tumblr is a site where literally every idea you could imagine has it's own blog. With that in mind, I present to you: Food That Looks Like Iggy Azalea. [Food That Looks Like Iggy Azalea.tumblr]
- Do you need the NFL explained to you? I've been a fan for 16 years and even I need it explained to me. Luckily, there are info maps. [SBNation NFL]
- Speaking of the NFL, today's the moment of truth for Michael Sam - the Rams cut their roster to 58 yesterday with Sam still on the team. But they must cut 4 more by 3:00 central today. Stay tuned. [STLToday]
- The teeny-bopper British boyband sensation One Direction was in St. Louis earlier this week, and these were the creepiest fan-made signs in the crowd at The Dome. I truly fear for our economy if 12 year old fangirls ever stopped making signs. [Riverfront Times]
- jasonmcadams1120 AT gmail DOT com