Who's Dave Roush? Anyone know? Is he one of ours?
- I ask, because he's the one who did Puck Daddy's Summer of Disappointment post for the Blues, which went up yesterday. I guess he did okay, but give this to someone like J-Mill and I think we would've had a winner. [Puck Daddy]
- Someone went around adding this link to a shit-ton of SBN hockey blogs, and we happen to be one of them. NHL Trade Value Rankings. Piggybacking off Bill Simmons, basically. [SLGT FanPosts]
- Good work, TicketBastard. They gave an unintentional spoiler alert on the supposed outdoor game between the Kings and Sharks in the Bay Area. [Puck Daddy]
- So it appears Stephane Quintal's tenure as NHL Department of Player Safety head is truly interim. Reports have surfaced that former Maple Leafs assistant GM Claude Loiselle--ironically, relieved of said duties by . . . Brendan Shanahan!--will be brought on to run the DoPS. Interesting. [CBS Sports Eye on Hockey]
- Only 64 more worthless preseason games until the NFL's regular season begins! [SB Nation]
- TEENAGER LOGIC: "We broke into a dude's house! Let's make pot brownies!" "Yeah! Good idea!" [Y! / AP]
- Fucking NCAA, man. Fuck them all. [Deadspin]
- VIDEO: The earliest, EARLIEST days of Mystery Science Theater 3000 featured a much younger Joel Hodgson, who at the time couldn't act his way out of a wet paper sack, and crude-looking forms of his robot pals. And some sick flow from Joel! Check it out:
Hey Joel, the 80's called. They want their hair back. Oh wait.
Anyway, if you want to see more MST3K clips (FULL SHOWS, EVEN!), go here.
Send me links, videos and other shit:
- gtdonutking AT gmail DOT com
And pretty much every Monday for the rest of the offseason will be an open bar. Unless, y'know, something interesting happens.