Summer sucks for a hockey fan, so we're gonna liven things up a little today.
- A Slovakian filmmaker will release a documentary on Pavol Demitra on September 7th, the exact three-year anniversary of the Lokomotiv Yaroslavl plane disaster in which Demitra perished. [SLGT]
KNOW YOUR ENEMY--THE DETROIT RED WINGS:
- Fuck Detroit. That's all you need.
- Why did I include this? Well, aside from the obvious, you'll find out later today if you weren't paying attention last week.
- Which ten teams improved the most this offseason, according to Ryan Lambert? Well, here they are . . . the Blues come in right smack dab in the middle. [Puck Daddy]
- The unofficially official Sharks-Kings game at Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara is now officially official, with officialness and shit. [NHL.com]
- The KHL's Metallurg and Traktor Chelyabinsk would like to play an outdoor game at Arena di Verona in Verona, Italy . . . a building that is two millenniums old. [Puck Daddy]
- That sound you heard was all five Panthers fans yelling "FUCK". Or maybe a fart. I dunno. But anyway, young defenseman Aaron Ekblad may be concussed, and that blows. [Litter Box Cats]
- Puck Daddy's Summer of Disappointment series continues with Marshall from Days of Y'Orr telling us of the Bruins and their disappointments. [Puck Daddy]
- The USA Hockey Hall of Fame Class of 2014 is headlined by Brian Rafalski and Karyn Bye Dietz. They, along with Lou Vairo and Jeff Sauer, will be inducted on December 4th. [USA Hockey]
- Brandon Sutter agreed to a two-year deal with the Penguins yesterday. [Penguins]
- College football is a motherfucking joke (well, at least how the NCAA is running it, anyway), but here's the hate map for it, and it's a baffler in some cases. [SB Nation]
- Speaking of motherfucking jokes . . . insurance companies, ladies and gentlemen! You'd think the agents for this company would, y'know . . . not want to see their company do this, for, uh, sales pitch and client retention purposes, right? Logic? Anyone? Bueller? [Y! / AP]
- Remember former NFL quarterback Scott Mitchell? The guy that got rich off being the backup for Dan Marino the year he got injured? Well, he got incredibly fat and now he will be on The Biggest Loser. Yeesh. [Deadspin]
We're turning back the clock today, so it's as good a time to post the Back to the Future theatrical trailer:
Well, that's it for me this week. J-Mill's got your weekend. Send your links, videos and other shit and junk to him, will ya? You really should:
- jasonmcadams1120 AT gmail DOT com
And stay tuned for sumpin' special from the crew. Including GDT's and shit. It'll be great!