- Are you behind on our Blues trip into the past? Catch up, first with the game preview/introduction... [SLGT]
- ...then with a recap of Mien Grant Fuhrer's shut-out of the (fuck) Detroit Red Wings by Ashley, aka, TrueEvilTerminator. [SLGT]
- A KHL team wants to pay Teemu Selanne $5 million to only play home game this season. Sentimentally, I hope he says no so he can stay retired and go out like he did, but be honest - for $5 mill, would you? [Puck Daddy]
- "Lucky" Luc Robitaille will become a statue outside of Staples Center. Scratch that - Luc Robitaille will have a statue made of him outside of Staples Center. [Jewels From the Crown]
- US Soccer legend Landon Donovan announced yesterday that he'll be retiring at the end of this MLS season. He'll do so as the single most important person in modern American soccer history for a number of different reasons. [Stars And Stripes FC]
- The St. Louis Zoo has been ranked as the
2nd3rd best zoo in the US, and the 3rd4th best on Earth. Oh, and it's completely free, people! Man, I love this city! [Wall Street Journal]
- You absolutely need to sign this online petition to get the NFL to have Weird Al play at the Super Bowl halftime show! [Change.org]
The new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie opens today. A lot of people already hate it because Michael Bay was involved - which is usually a good reason, even if he didn't actually direct it - but I'm at least willing to give it a chance. In any case, we've got a triple-dose of turtles today! Not into the TMNT? Well too damn bad, because...well, I like turtles!
First up, the old cartoon theme:
Next, just to keep us honest, an Honest Trailer for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze, which is a good reference point in case you feel the need to call Michael Bay's movie ridiculous.
And finally, for the most awesome of all - a new twist of Man At Arms where they forge all four TMNT weapons into one!!! Yeah...that's pretty fucking badass!
Oh, and by the way: Alex Pietrangelo is Leonardo, Alexander Steen is Donatello, T.J. Oshie is Michelangelo, and David Backes is Raphael.
I've clearly gone mad with power - so send me some non-turtle links. Or, you know, more turtle links too.
- jasonmcadams1120 AT gmail DOT com