No, seriously, there are Blues links in this post. Quite a few of them, actually.
Oh, and sorry yesterday's video didn't work. Apparently the old format of YouTube video embedding doesn't work on SBN anymore. I'll try to figure that one out next week or something, because I totally want to show it to you folks.
But anyway . . . we carry on.
- Robb did a quick post showing the dataviz for each team's Goals For at various on-ice strengths from last season. Yes, the Blues are included too. [SLGT]
- Episode 51 of Beyond Checkerdome went "live" yesterday. Tim and I talked about my wedding, signings and non-signings, Australian hockey and an attempt to convince someone as to why they should be a Blues fan. [SLGT]
- A friend of Game Time, @TheCornfed, has a new Blues shirt he wants you to buy, and I think you should, if you've got the scratch. [Teespring]
- The Blues' prospects will hold an open practice today. It'll be their last practice before heading to Traverse City for the prospects tournament there. [StL Today / Morning Skate]
- Brian Elliott is the number one guy to start the season, but both he and Jake Allen will be trying to push each other and think it'll help the team more if they do just that. [In The Slot / Lou Korac]
- Ryan Lambert takes on expansion, Alex Ovechkin haters (AGAIN) and other shit in this week's Power Rankings. [Puck Daddy]
- Craig Leipold will pay for a flight to make sure all members of the Wild(s) will be at Bob Suter's funeral. Good on him. Though this doesn't do much to help his "Cry Farmer Poor" cause from the 2012-13 Lockout. (S/T to @akmark78) [Star-Tribune]
- The Flyers, previewed in Emoji's. The perpetual Emoji of Claude Giroux should be that of a weasel who can't even fake anger enough to be an effective Captain. Or something. [Puck Daddy]
- Steve "Dangle" Glynn, the man behind many a great Leafs video from his YouTube account, was hired to a full-time contract position at Rogers Sportsnet. Good for him! I can still remember that video he made after the Lee Stempniak trade that introduced SLGT to him. He is excellent. (S/T to CrossCheckRaise) [The Leafs Nation]
- Wysh runs down what he believes are the 12 greatest things in video hockey game history. I wouldn't know about over half of these since I didn't advance much past the 16-bit era, but whatever. [Puck Daddy]
- Saku Koivu, as expected, announced his retirement from the NHL . . . officially. [NHLPA]
- The sister of Phil Kessel that made huge noise in the 2014 Winter Olympics, Amanda Kessel, will miss the 2014-15 NCAA season for the Minnesota Golden Gophers due to lingering concussion problems from her time with Team USA. Damn, that's a shame. [Gopher Sports]
- The more we peel back the onion, the more we're finding out how much of a scumbag some at the top of the NFL's main offices are. It's Chris Kluwe's turn to shit all over him and the others, and he had the fortune of being able to do that for Time. [Time]
- There will be remembrances of 9/11 today, on the 13th anniversary of that event. Let us also remember the great hospitality of the kind folks of Gander, Newfoundland, a town overrun by stranded flyers on that day but who took the event in stride. (S/T to Kate) [mental_floss]
- Speaking of 9/11 . . . SB Nation reposted a Longform written last year by Joe DePaolo about the annual baseball game between the Fire Department of New York (FDNY, "The Bravest") and the New York Police Department (NYPD, "The Finest"). [SB Nation / Longform]
You probably know Jenna Marbles from her silly videos. You probably know Hannah Hart from My Drunk Kitchen. Well, here they are together, and Jenna puts makeup on Hannah. It is hilarious. (S/T once again to Kate):
"Wait, now I'm just in drag. What the FUCK?!"
And that'll do it for me on this long week. J-Mill is next up . . . so send him shit and stuff:
- jasonmcadams1120 AT gmail DOT com