You could argue that today is a gameday. And you're not wrong, per say...but...
- Joakim Lindstrom is back from Sweden and ready to
sit in the press boxcontribute in the NHL. [STLToday]
- TEAM STL! w00t! [Frozen Notes]
- I have no idea what the fuck this is, but it is a combination of awesome and probably disgusting. Right up my street! [imgur]
- How will some of the new rules affect the Blues? [SLGT]
- Ken Hitchcock apparently thinks the Blues can't win in the playoffs because we aren't checking enough. Sounds like he posts on The Asylum. Yikes. [SLGT]
- "WOWY makes me wretch." - C&BFan. Here's part 4, the 3rd part of a 4 part series. (Wait, what?) ;-) [SLGT]
- If you're truly starved for hockey, the Blues and Blue Jackets will open the pre-season tonight in Ohio. Puck drops at 5:30 local time. Some regulars will actually play tonight, as well as some intriguing hopefuls. [Blues]
- Now that the BJs have young skill (the Ryan Johansen situation notwithstanding) and have even won a couple playoff games, how are they handling expectations for the first time in #Lumbus? [The Cannon]
- Speaking of Ryan Johansen, you best believe the KHL is keeping a close eye on those negotiations. (Just please, for the love of Plager, don't tell Jaden Schwartz about the KHL.) [Pro Hockey Talk]
- Joe Sakic is now officially the general manager of the Avalanche, as opposed to obviously the general manager of the Avalanche. He'll be sure to give Patrick Roy everything he wants, which I can't wait for because holy shit will that implode in on itself! [Puck Daddy]
- Also from the P.(uck) Diddy, the emoji preview for the Oilers. [Puck Daddy]
- Your local NFL broadcasts. [506 Sports]
- Yesterday's Illinois football game was so drenched in rain, they had to have a weather delay. After the delay was called off, they allowed everyone into Memorial Stadium, ticket or no ticket. That was nice of them. The Illini rewarded their fans with an exciting win over TEXAS.........(state)...... [SBNation]
- A few Washington NFL fans are trying to sue Comedy Central, after they were invited on to a Daily Show segment to defend their team's name, and were then confronted with a group of native Americans. Idiots. [Washington Post]
- A local legend in my hometown of Edwardsville, known simply as "Preach," will have a statue of him on main street. He's famous for walking up and down main street and saying hi to everyone every morning. It sounds silly, but trust me - Preach is the best! [KSDK]
That's how it works.
Tomorrow is not a weekend day, so you won't have me to kick around! You'll have DonutKing to kick around. Kick him some links...around....!
- gtdonutking AT gmail DOT com