My wife is sick and I've been drinking. This concludes your prelude.
By the way, it's really nice that there's hockey on . . . and I can do a FULL LINKS POST on a Monday. Have at it!
- The Blues (sorta) played yesterday, and lost 4-3 in overtime to the Blue Jackets. I'll save the RBR nicknames for the regular season, but here's her recap. [SLGT]
- The Bee Jays' fan reaction is a bit weird, as they actually played two games yesterday and it includes the stuff from their game with the Hurricanes. But here it is. [The Cannon]
- The new Blues away sweater made its' unofficial debut last night as well. And it is a beauty. [SLGT FanShots]
- Prospect Sunday! Brian has all the 411 on Blues prospects. [SLGT; SLGT; SLGT; SLGT]
- Someone was able to get cells to formulate into a Blue Note in a petri dish. Pretty cool. And yes, of course this comes from Reddit, because who else has enough of a life to do shit like this apart from Redditors? [SLGT FanShots]
- The Sabres players and brass are saying that the team isn't tanking for Connor McDavid, but the fans seem to want them to. [Puck Daddy]
- Several KHL teams apparently have been in on Ryan Johansen amid his contract squabbles with the Blue Jackets, and one of them--CSKA Moscow--apparently has offered $5MM for one season of the young Jackets forward. Guys, let's be glad Jaden Schwartz isn't in this situation. [TSN]
- Is there an Emoji for "Fuck Detroit"? If so, it should've been busted out for the Red Wings Emoji preview. [Puck Daddy]
- Remember all those remote-controlled cars, trucks, helicopters and other shit people had when you were a kid? Well, a Canadian used a bunch of remote-controlled construction equipment to dig out a basement for his home. So. Sweet. (S/T to CrossCheckRaise) [Auto Blog]
- Liam Neeson is a badass. He's killed a lot of people in his recent films. Here's a map. (S/T to Kate) [Vox]
Our theme this week . . . British/Irish comedy. We'll start with a man from the hometown of my favorite soccer team, Newcastle United . . . one Ross Noble, talking about faces on muffins:
"That's a face. Next muffin."
So . . . I'm gonna see the one and only John Paul Jones play mandolin with some indie alt-country stars this evening and I am SUPER excited about this, but I'll still be doing tomorrow's links. So send me stuff:
- gtdonutking AT gmail DOT com
And expect Beyond Checkerdome Episode 53 to be around later this week. Maybe Wednesday!