Want next week's video theme? Well, it's below. Keep reading!
- Reports have surfaced that Jaden Schwartz and the Blues are $500,000 apart. Sounds like a deal could be done in the next few days. [SLGT]
- Episode 53 of Beyond Checkerdome went up yesterday. We discuss Schwartz, training camp, the first preseason game, Paul Bissonnette and what a possible encounter between him and Jordan Binnington might go like. [SLGT]
- Paul Stastny gets his first action as a Blue Note tonight at home. Too bad the game doesn't count or anything. [Belleville News-Democrat]
- Not much to report on Lou's notebook, other than that more cuts are coming soon and a lot of those are coming within practice squads. [In The Slot / Lou Korac]
LINKS ADDITION (AND AN IMPORTANT ONE): Are you reliable, trustworthy and can you be at most--if not all--Blues home games this season? If so, would you like to be the head vendor of St. Louis Game Time: The Paper? It pays cash money and you get to sell at "John's Corner" (14th and Clark, across from the DrinkScotch) and get to be bugged by Duke and DanGNR every home game. If you're up for all this . . . contact your buddy and mine, Brad Lee, by e-mail (gtbradlee AT gmail DOT com) or via Twitter @GTBradLee. Thank you.
- Scores? Sure. [NHL.com 09/24/14]
- Schedule? Also. [NHL.com 09/25/14]
- It's Emoji time for the Avalanche(s), finally. [Puck Daddy]
- The Vancouver Sun did something awful the other day. Intentionally? Probably not, but they'll have to go to training for this, I'm sure. [Color of Hockey]
- Check out Puck Daddy's NHL Power Rankings. They have stuff Ryan Lambert wrote. [Puck Daddy]
- Derek Stepan? He's never missed a regular season game with the Rangers, but now he'll have to miss a few weeks' worth because of a non-displaced fracture in his lower leg. [CBS Sports Eye on Hockey]
- One of the people who most led me to blogging? Bill Simmons. He put some dead serious comments about Roger Goodell in his latest BS Report podcast and--essentially--dared his employee to suspend him. Well, that pod is now down, and Simmons was suspended for three weeks by ESPN. Because, hey, bottom line rabble rabble rabble. [Awful Announcing]
- Speaking of Goodell . . . South Park's season premiere took on just about all the issues the NFL, at the moment, has. . . and here's a bunch of GIF's, including one of Goodell as a malfunctioning robot. [SB Nation / Lookit]
- And more on the NFL . . . apparently, sponsors are instructing the league not to play their ads during broadcasts of Ravens (Ray Rice) and Vikings (Adrian Peterson) games due to the controversies linked to those two teams. [SB Nation]
- What about fantasy football? Well, apparently someone has named their team the Denver Unicorns. Well, that, or someone is fucking insane and dreamed this name up. (S/T to DanGNR) [Shirt Woot]
To conclude English/Irish Comedy Week . . . first, a classic skit from Monty Python's Flying Circus featuring John Cleese and Michael Palin in what is supposed to be a cheese shop. (S/T to Kate):
Perhaps the most appropriate response.
And then, Dara O'Briain makes his second appearance of the week . . . this time ranting about video games. (S/T to CrossCheckRaise):
Frustrating, frustrating video games.
And that'll do it for the week. BEFORE I HAND THE KEYS OFF TO J-MILL . . . your video theme next week will be Sci-Fi. So send all your great science fiction videos to ME. Doctor Who. Star Trek. Star Wars. Stargate. And so much more.
As for weekend links, videos and other shit, definitely help a brother out . . . it's J-Mill's turn! You can reach him like this:
- jasonmcadams1120 AT gmail DOT com