- The Blues lost yet another pre-season game in Kansas City last night, 4-2 to the Stars. At least that's what legend says. Scholars believe that all evidence of last night's game was lost centuries ago. All that remains is this ancient, tattered game recap. [Blues]
- But no one gives a shit about that because Jaden Schwartz was signed to a 2-year deal yesterday, which will count $2.35 million against the cap. [SLGT]
- rminton618 takes another look at the Roman Polak - Carl Gunnarsson trade, and concludes that it was a net loss for both teams. Not sure I agree with that, certainly not before we've played a single game, but he makes a case. [SLGT]
- After the game, the Blues made 5 more cuts which were sent down to the Chicago Wolves, including Ty Rattie. [STLToday]
- Okay, I guess I'll REALLY give you last night's scores today, since it seems no one caught my joke on Friday. [NHL.com 9/27]
- Same for today's. [NHL.com 9/28]
- Will Schwartzie's new deal move the needle in Columbus in the Ryan Johansen negotiations? [Pro Hockey Talk]
- Flames emojis. [Puck Daddy]
- No Rams game this weekend (thank glob!), so which games are on in St. Louis? Which games are on wherever you are? [506 Sports]
- Think you drink more than most people? Well according to this chart, you're probably not in the top 10% of Americans 0 and if you are, you should probably get some help. (Sticktap to @akmark78.) [Washington Post]
- You ever see a piece of art and think to yourself, "What drugs was that artist doing?" Well for this guy, the answer is "All of them." [Elite Daily]
- It's easy now to think that The Simpsons was always treated like the genius that it is, but what did people think of it when it first started? [Vulture]
Sci-Fi week continues with this extended Firefly fan film, courtesy of RBR. Very fun & well done.
Send your fiction-y science to DK.
- gtdonutking AT gmail DOT com