THIS JUST IN: It is, indeed, not October yet. You burnt your calendar, didn't you? DIDN'T YOU?!
- It was posted yesterday, but we now have Hildy's notes on the five players sent to the Chicago Wolves as part of Saturday night's roster cut-down. [SLGT]
- Prospect Sunday! Brian shows us all the transactions involving Blues prospects, which gives us a clearer picture of what the Wolves roster is looking like. [SLGT]
- The big news of the weekend, of course, was the Jaden Schwartz signing. Greg Wyshynski writes that the matter of Schwartz getting his deal is mostly a matter of him wising up to his leverage and the team's available cap space. [Puck Daddy]
- Six games were played yesterday. None of them counted for fucking shit. [NHL.com 09/28/14]
- Seven games will be played today. None of them will count for fucking shit. [NHL.com 09/29/14]
- I didn't actually read this, but my guess is that the Sabres preview in Emojis is probably a lot of steaming piles of shit. [Puck Daddy]
- Mike Komisarek? Not gonna be playing for the Devils this year, and the 32-year-old (which means he's younger than me) might be done now. Fuck, I'm old. [CBS Sports Eye on Hockey]
- Derek Jeter's career ended with an RBI infield single (driving in one of my personal favorites, Ichiro Suzuki). Dude was an average-at-best overall fielder but he was good at hitting, that's for damn sure. [Deadspin]
- "And he HATED irony!" [Y! / AP]
J-Mill got Sci-Fi "Week" off to a roaring start. And now I'm gonna fuck it all up with a rap battle between Adolf Hitler and Darth Vader (Part 2, apparently):
But it gets better! Because Robot Chicken is fucking awesome. (S/T to Kate):
"I'm sorry you had to see that."
Let Sci-Fi Week continue with more videos! Oh, and some links, too. That'd be swell. Do it to it:
- gtdonutking AT gmail DOT com