Yep, I'm back, gang.
In case you're just joining us or were living under a rock for the last two weeks, I went and got hitched last Saturday to my best friend. I highly recommend such an endeavor, if the situation ever presents itself.
For those who weren't living under said rock and gave congratulations and well-wishes . . . I can't thank you folks enough. You're awesome.
And thank you so much to J-Mill. He did what he could with a disorganized weekend and did shit-tons better than what I would've been able to do under the same circumstance.
Alright, enough of the sappy shit. You want links. And you'd NEVER guess what I have for you!
- The Blues announced their roster for the Traverse City Tournament. Most of the team's top prospects will be in tow, including Robby Fabbri (not pictured above) and Ivan Barbashev (TOTALLY pictured above). [SLGT]
- In his first game in the KHL, Vladimir Sobotka won a fuck-ton of faceoffs and logged 22+ minutes of ice time. But hey, guys, Steve Ott is "cheaper" and "just as good", right? Anyway . . . Jheil22 writes the story. [SLGT FanPosts]
- The honorary chairman of tomorrow's Walk to End Alzheimer's will be T.J. Oshie . . . he gladly entered his name to the fray after finding out that his father (and Friend of Game Time), "Coach" Timothy Oshie, was diagnosed with the disease a year ago (though this hadn't been public knowledge until very recently . . . stay strong, guys). [KSDK]
- Daniel Carcillo signing a Player Tryout Contract with the Penguins pretty much completes about as weird an offseason as we'll ever see. Seriously, though, fuck Dan Carcillo. [Penguins]
- Remember former Blues prospect Mike Grier? He had a pretty good NHL career. And now he'll be coaching an all-star team of American hockey prospects. [Color of Hockey]
- The newest Puck Daddy thing is to preview teams with Emojis. Yesterday's team? The Canucks . . . which, considering the town's tech-savviness and shittiness of franchise, should've been near last. [Puck Daddy]
- Bruins center David Krejci is gonna get a fuck-ton of money for the next six years . . . $43.5MM worth, to be exact. [Big Bad Blog / WEEI]
- The Elmira Jackals of the ECHL are now to be owned by . . . the town. No, like, literally, the town and its' citizens will own the team. Y'know, like the Packers. [Puck Daddy]
- The Lightning(s) play in what used to be called the Tampa Times Forum. Now, the arena will be named after a motor oil and industrial parts company . . . Amalie Arena. How soon do we call them the "Grease Lightning"? [Lightning(s)]
Tyson Barrie signed a two-year extension with the Avalanche(s) to continue to be part of that awful defense that didn't really improve in the offseason. Not that he had much of a choice. [Denver Post]
- The National Football League started its' season in Seattle, where the Seahawks trounced the Packers 36-16. [SB Nation]
- RIP, Joan Rivers. [CNN]
- Electronic Arts is just fucking stupid sometimes. Like, y'know, letting their fans do this? [Deadspin]
I'M BACK IN THE SADDLE AGAAAAAAAAAAAAAIN.
A perfect lead-up to . . . the upcoming links schedule. I've got today thru next Thursday, after which we go back to our regular links schedule. I'm doing open bars on Sunday and Monday. So yeah, send stuff to me now:
- gtdonutking AT gmail DOT com