Not much to say. Because I'm not talking about . . . uhhhh, that one football game.
So it's an Open Bar today. Here are some appetizers to get you started:
- The key to the long home stand for the Blues is to capitalize on these (mostly) inferior teams and not take them lightly (y'know, like they seemed to against the Hurricanes on Saturday), according to Lou. [In The Slot / Lou Korac]
- Teemu Selanne's number 8 now hangs in the rafters at The Building Formerly Known As The Arrowhead Pond. And look at the pre-game sweaters from both teams. What a night. [CBS Sports Eye on Hockey; CBS Sports Eye on Hockey]
- Greg Wyshynski serves up some mid-season awards and looks goofy in a suit in this Y! Sports video. [Puck Daddy]
- Gordie Howe is getting remarkably better, to the point he's able to go out in public accompanied by family . . . and the family says it's due to stem cell treatments. Wow. [USA Today]
- Michigan hockey coach and Blues legend Red Berenson passed the 800 victory mark on Saturday. A few other legends of college hockey coaching reflect on their peer. (S/T to CrossCheckRaise) [MGoBlue.com]
- The Colorado Eagles of the ECHL turned to an unlikely goaltending candidate, Tate Maris (who was previously most famous for not playing hardly ever at the University of North Dakota . . . also, he is adored by my wife), who then turned in his first win in a game in SEVEN YEARS. Outstanding work, Tate. [Puck Daddy]
- This little ol' lady hit the jackpot on Antiques Roadshow . . . finding out her rare Boston Red Stockings baseball cards from the late 1800's were worth $1MM. (S/T to BluesMay) [NPR]
- Ever seen a 200-car pileup? Now you have. This is in Michigan. [Deadspin / The Concourse]
- Meanwhile, in South Dakota, a pileup leads to 500 pounds of McDonald's fries on the road. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! [Y! / AP]
- And your video, which is near and dear to my heart as a current cable- and dish-less TV-watcher:
See? Cable and dish are A MASSIVE FUCKING PURPLE DINOSAUR OH MY GOD.
Full links tomorrow. Send links, videos and shit my way:
- gtdonutking AT gmail DOT com