I'm an Illinois fan, as most of you know, and Mizzou fans have tended to root for a conference these days.
Well, whatever. Fuck Ohio State, and fuck the SEC too. Also, fuck your #Narrative.
Anyway. Your links.
David Backes was your number one star this week. IN THE ENTIRE NATIONAL HOCKEY LEAGUE. [NHL.com]
- Jake Allen's starting tonight. Brian Elliott returns Thursday. And other stuff. Thanks Lou! [In The Slot / Lou Korac]
- Not a Blues story, but a damn inspiring one about Adam Cheung and his battle with cancer. Thanks for sharing it, Art Lippo. And all the best, Adam. #ForeverCheung #FuckCancer [Along the Boards]
KNOW YOUR ENEMY--THE EDMONTON OILERS:
- David Perron is no longer an Oilers forward, so you may want to read up on these guys. Start at The Copper & Blue. [The Copper & Blue]
- Three scores last night. Oh hey, nice work, Colorado. [NHL.com 01/12/15]
- Ten contests tonight. There's that one. [NHL.com 01/13/15]
- JINCY DUNNE! O'Fallon, MO's own, and team Captain, scored two goals (including the game-winner in overtime) to lift Team USA over Canada 3-2 and capture gold at the U18 Women's World Hockey Championship. [Buffalo News]
- The Maple Leafs recalled William Nylander, the eighth overall pick of last year's draft (and the son of former NHLer Michael Nylander), from his Swedish club. [CBC]
- The Wild(s) made their bed and have to sleep in it. That and more in Ryan Lambert's What We Learned. [Puck Daddy]
- John Scott wears John Scott shirt. Which is kinda like Ed Hardy wearing an Ed Hardy shirt, yes? [CBS Sports Eye on Hockey]
- Bruins forward Simon Gagne will not return to the team following the death of his father in December. [Bruins]
Sabres forward Cody McCormick had a blood clot. Yikes. [USA Today]
- Swiss folks living on the German border may no longer be able to get cheaper pizza from Germany. THIS WOULDN'T HAPPEN IN MY AMERI . . . oh. [Y! / Reuters]
- What does your online avatar reveal about you? Well, my SB Nation avatar reveals that my nickname is Donut King. [NPR / Shots]
- The 2014 FIFA Ballon d'Or goes to . . . Cristiano Ronaldo, who is pretty good at soccer and shit. [Deadspin / Screamer]
Steve Dangle's LFR following the Maple Leafs loss to the Capitals last week (in Peter Horachek's first game as head coach, mind you) made reference to the badass-ness that is Roman Polak, and so you must watch. (S/T to CrossCheckRaise):
Steve Dangle rules.
Your links, videos and other shit go on yonder:
- gtdonutking AT gmail DOT com
And stay tuned for Episode 69 of Beyond Checkerdome--WITH A SPECIAL GUEST!--later this week.