That was pretty damn lopsided for a 4-2 game, eh?
- That may have been the most lopsided 4-2 victory the Blues will get this season. For your recap,
A Thousand Highly-Trained Monkeys On TypewritersYours Truly, who got "trolled" by what is (maybe) a member of Derek Roy's family. LOL-worthy. [SLGT]
- The folks at The Copper & Blue . . . well, they didn't like what they saw, obviously. [The Copper & Blue]
- David Backes talked about being selected the number one star of the week last week. (S/T to adroq) [NHL.com]
- A look at how St. Louis is becoming a bit of a hotbed for young Team USA hockey hopefuls, partially thanks to the Blues. (S/T to CrossCheckRaise) [USA Hockey Magazine]
- Ten games. One of them was really fun. Okay, well, KINDA fun. [NHL.com 01/13/15]
- Four games tonight. I GUESS Capitals-Flyers is a rivalry? [NHL.com 01/14/15]
- Awl ya cawlidge hawkey in one post, pissah! [Puck Daddy]
- "We'd rather have home-ice advantage than make money", say the Predators, apparently. (S/T again to adroq) [Fox Sports Tennessee]
- Dominik Hasek got his number retired in Buffalot last night. A well-deserved honor. [CBS Sports Eye on Hockey]
- It appears Penguins defenseman Olli Maatta's shitty second season is about to come to an end. [Pittsburgh Post-Gazette]
- Meanwhile, Red Wings overrated goaltender Jimmy Howard will miss the next two to four weeks, which means a better goalie gets to go to the All-Star Game. [MLive]
- People still read the Kings' Twitter? [Puck Daddy]
- "Fuck it. I'm taking the bus, you guys." -- A Dog [Y! / Reuters]
- #FancyStats is only now taking over the NHL. It already had to do so in baseball. I THINK I know all these names. [Deadspin / Screengrabber]
- The new soccer team in St. Louis already has a new blog! Check it out. It's J-Mill, from links duty! (Also, follow @GatewayGityGP.) [Gateway City Goal Post]
Here's where the title comes from . . . this dipshit, man. ALWAYS be aware of your stick, especially when leaving the ice. (S/T to Art Lippo):
Also, I'd heard about this terrible St. Joseph, MO mall commercial before, but I'd never bothered to post it until now:
"Boots and pants and boots and pants!"
Send your tired . . . your poor . . . or, really, just send your links and videos and shit to my wife, who has Thursday and Friday links duty:
- ncismay87 AT gmail DOT com
And get Episode 69 of Beyond Checkerdome later this week. Hopefully tomorrow!