Oh, hi, Avalanche(s). Your world is shit. Sorry.
Oh, and sorry for no links yesterday. Mondays suck because there is no news anyway, so meh.
- The Blues pretty much dominated the Avalanche(s) in a 3-1 victory at the DrinkScotch, in front of another sellout crowd. Now the team gets to take nearly a fortnight break. 10 days or so. [StL Today / Morning Skate]
- "THIS GAME SUCKED" -- Mile High Hockey website header . . . yeah, they didn't like it. They also didn't particularly like Ken Hitchcock which, granted, I wouldn't either if he weren't coaching my team. [Mile High Hockey]
- Before the game, Hitch was tinkering with the lines because, y'know, he does that. All I cared about was that Joakim Lindstrom was out and Dmitrij Jaskin was in, to be honest. [SLGT FanShots]
- Seven games last night. You probably only cared about the result of one, which is totally fine. [NHL.com 01/19/15]
- Eight games tonight. Fuck Chicago. [NHL.com 01/20/15]
- Speaking of the Blackhawks . . . forward and professional fuckbag Daniel Carcillo got a mere six games for walking up to Jets forward Mathieu Perreault and cross-checking him right in the bicep after a whistle. Why is Carcillo even still in the fucking league, anyway? What's the point? [NHL.com]
- Did Marc Staal deserve that massive extension from the Rangers? Probably not, according to Ryan Lambert in his weekly What We Learned. [Puck Daddy]
- Tim Peel was recently hit with a puck up high during a game, but stayed in there. Were I an asshole, I'd probably say they should've hit him harder. But I'm not an asshole, even if it's Tim Peel we're talking about here. [Scouting the Refs]
- The athletic director of Penn State tells a Twitter user that the "409" stickers the school's hockey team put on their helmets--in celebration of the NCAA restoring 111 of Joe Paterno's victories vacated because of the Jerry Sandusky scandal--were "insensitive and inappropriate". I don't disagree. [Deadspin]
- I'm not much for poker, but Daniel Negreanu is one of the top poker minds out there. In this blog, he talks about various NHL topics. (S/T to CrossCheckRaise) [Full Contact Poker]
- Our old pal David Perron chatted recently with Sean Leahy of Puck Daddy. [Puck Daddy]
- Georges Laraque is now plying his trade in . . . Norway?! (S/T again to CrossCheckRaise) [The Hockey News]
- Looks like the NHL is going to award the 2016 Winter Classic to a couple up-and-coming teams who have worked hard to earn their share of the spotlight . . . HAHAHA JUST KIDDING they're awarding it to the Bruins and Canadiens at Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, MA. [USA Today]
- Apparently, at a recent Blackhawks-Predators game, Peter Laviolette was pissed because referee Kevin Pollock . . . winked at the Hawks' bench. Yeah, I'd be pissed too, I guess. [CBS Sports Eye on Hockey]
- Team USA's under-18's played Saturday in sweaters that had Han Solo on the front and the Millennium Falcon because FUCK YEAH STAR WARS. [Puck Daddy]
- Vince Wilfork: Good Dude. [NPR]
- ALWAYS deliver pizza to a real estate agent. You may get a good tip. [Y! / AP]
- Eddie Lacy's mother is awesome. [Deadspin]
Guys, I think we broke Steve Dangle:
Send links. Send videos. Send other shit. Send it. SEND IT:
- gtdonutking AT gmail DOT com
And Episode 70 of Beyond Checkerdome will be yours later this week. Stay tuned! It's gonna be great.