This will probably put me at odds with a links partner, but . . . I don't get the point of The Walking Dead.
Whatever. Read some links.
- So, where in the world are Blues players headed as their long-ass All-Star Break begins? JR has the lowdown. [StL Today / Morning Skate]
- The mid-season draft rankings have been released. The Blues still don't have a first round pick, mind you, but keep an eye on the middle double-digit guys for the later rounds. [SLGT]
- If you missed it Monday, the team honored 91-year-old Harriet McGuire, a World War II Naval nurse. Bless you, Harriet. And thank you for your service. [SLGT]
- Eight games last night. Thank you, Canadiens . . . kinda. [NHL.com 01/20/15]
- The last six games before the All-Star Break are tonight. Can't get enough of that hot, HOT Blackhawks-Penguins "Rivalry". [NHL.com 01/21/15]
- Penn State Hockey's "moronic" decision (and I agree with that sentiment) to put "409" decals on their helmets in honor of Joe Paterno's reinstated football victories, good words about the Alabama-Huntsville program and Western Michigan's late charge highlight Ryan Lambert's NCAA Hockey 101 piece this week. [Puck Daddy]
- Do you even power rank, bro? [SB Nation]
- Because the hockey team in Arizona doesn't have enough of a world of shit on its' hands right now, Coyotes forward Mikkel Boedker will miss four to six weeks because he had to have his spleen removed. [USA Today]
- Flyers goon Zac Rinaldo apparently wants to be the same kind of fucktool former Flyers goon Daniel Carcillo is and always will be. Always set the bar low, kids. [CBS Sports Eye on Hockey]
- Capitals forward, Captain and superstar Alex Ovechkin had a contract with Gillette which recently ended, so presumably he can grow a beard again. [Russian Machine Never Breaks]
- Long-time AHL journeyman, former Blues forward (for like two Goddamn minutes or whatever) and current Grand Rapids Griffins Captain Jeff Hoggan--who bears a striking resemblance to cartoon depictions of Clark Kent--is getting his own lunch box. Cool! [Puck Daddy]
- The three Maple Leafs fans who threw Leafs sweaters onto the ice during Monday's Leafs-Hurricanes game were ticketed and told they weren't allowed on the premises of MLSE for a year. Honestly, that doesn't seem like a long enough ban. [USA Today / For the Win]
- Remember the J.C. Penney catalog? It's making a comeback after a five-year hiatus. [NPR / The Two-Way]
- Following up on the Penn State Hockey story from earlier, this post believes Joe Paterno's legacy is not his reinstated win total, but the new laws put in place mainly because of the actions that caused 111 of his 409 victories to be vacated in the first damn place. [Above the Law: Redline]
- "I NEED AN OLD TSAR AND A YOUNG TSAR! THE POWER OF KHRUSHCHEV COMPELS YOU!" [Y! / Reuters]
Hey, here's ten misconceptions about driving for ya:
I knew, like, 80 percent of these, actually. But whatever.
My wife takes over links duty tomorrow. I command you to send her links, videos and other shizz:
- ncismay87 AT gmail DOT com
And stay tuned for Episode 70 of Beyond Checkerdome, coming later this week . . . and boy howdy, is it gonna be a dandy!