I usually have Mondays off of work...today I have to go in early. But you don't (probably), so have some links won't you?
- The Game with All of those Stars ended with a 17-12 score in favor of Team Toews. Could that be the kind of win to turn their season around and get Team Toews into the playoffs? [SLGT]
- Turns out that all of Alex Ovechkin 's pleading for a car over the weekend was so he could donate it to a hockey organization for kids with down syndrome. And in the end, the executives at Honda gave him the car anyway. Awwwwwww. (PS You know what this means, right? It means that PATRICK KANE HATES CHILDREN WITH DOWN SYNDROME.) [Puck Daddy]
- Oh, and Carey Price got to have some nachos during the game thanks to a generous fan. It was a good time for all. [SBNation NHL]
- Our boy Kevin Shattenkirk loved the All-Star experience. [ESPN.com]
- Okay, now all of that's over...what are the biggest story lines heading into the 2nd half of the regular season? Oh, if only someone could format it in an easily share-able list-like piece. Preferably with an arbitrarily chosen number of them. [The Hockey News]
- Vladimir Tarasenko in A Star is Born! [STLToday]
- Hey, perhaps you've heard: this Thursday when the Blues play their first game of the 2nd half against the Predators, will be the 20th Anniversary Night for St. Louis Game Time/Game Night Revue! Be sure to be there, buy a special deluxe copy of Game Time, and tip your vendors extra! And don't forget to join the SLGT crew for the watch party for Friday's game against the Hurricanes, too. [SLGT]
It's Super Bowl week, and the question on everyone's mind is about...Tom Brady's balls. As usual.
Perhaps you've heard that Comedy Central's next roast will be Justin Bieber. They need someone easier to target...like Mario. (NSFW language.)
Tyler will be back tomorrow. NHL hockey will also be back tomorrow. Coincidence? You judge - just make sure you send him links before you do it.
- gtdonutking AT gmail DOT com