Sometimes links taste even better later in the day...like having brunch...or something?
- The Blues broke out of their shit streak last night by dominating the
Joe Thornton-lessSan Jose Sharks by a 7-2 score, led by T.J. Oshie's 2nd career hat trick. [Blues]
- The Silicon Valley crowd were far less enthused that you and I. [Fear the Fin]
- Oh hey, did you see Jaden Schwartz's ri-donk-ulous pass on Kevin Shattenkirk's goal last night? It was ri-donk-ulous. [Frozen Notes]
- A lot of teams played yesterday, and a lot of them score a lot of goals. The Blues were the 3rd team of the day to score a SEVENTH goal! [NHL.com 1/3]
- Seven games today, one of which (Bruins-Hurricanes) has already begun as of this writing. The Stars-Blackhawks game on NBC will be a lot of fun for neutrals, but the highlight of this Sunday night is definitely Predators-Ducks at 7 central - good thing Walking Dead doesn't come back until next month! [NHL.com 1/4]
- The big story of last night was
Penguins Capitals Rangers Flyers Stars BruinsDevils legend Jaromir Jagr becoming the oldest player in NHL history to record a hat trick at age 42. Fun fact: if you counted all of his time in the KHL & Czech Republic, Jagr would only be 29 goals away from Gretzky's record. [Puck Daddy]
- RIP Cap Geek - the awesome website that was everyone's one-stop site for salary cap questions. CCR gets credit for alerting me of this, but bad news doesn't get sticktaps. Sorry. [Cap Geek]
- Did the Flyers violate the CBA by flying into the Nashville on December 26th, during the league travel ban? This one does get CCR a sticktap. [ESPN.com]
- The First 6 NHL All-Stars have been announced: one of them is the Latvian guy that computers voted for, the other 5 are Fuckers from Up North. I've said it before & I'll say it again: democracy doesn't work! [Puck Drunk Love]
WORLD JUNIOR NEWS:
- The stupid semifinals of the stupid World Juniors are today and they're stupid. At 3 central, stupid Sweden will play SUPER STUPID Russia, while at 7 the Red-And-White Menace will take on Slovakia. [NHL.com]
- Blues prospect Robby Fabbri is out for the rest of the tournament, but he's been one hell of a cheerleader for Canada. [NHL.com]
- This morning, ESPN anchor Stuart Scott passed away at age 49 after battling cancer. [ESPN]
- The best way to show people that their argument is stupid is, according to the internet, to turn it into a web comic. Here are the best examples from 2014 of shitty arguments being proven to be shitty. [i09]
Oh, you kids are going to have SO many videos tomorrow when I don't have to put this together at work!
In the mean time, don't be afraid to pass along some things for me to post! Because if you are afraid, your fear is irrational...fucking pussy.
jasonmcadams1120 At gmail DOT com