The empty half of the glass says damn...we faced a little adversity and crumbled once a good goalie robbed us a few times. That was a flashback from the bad acid trip that was the playoffs last season.
The full half of the glass says 4-2 on our career long road-trip isn't too damn shabby, especially considering all the injuries.
- The Blues were temporarily relegated to second best after a solid spanking by the Habs last night. We came on strong but once again we seemed defeated after Price had our number a few times and the wind clearly left our sails. Hull and Oates has has le recap por vious. [STLGT]
- Our friends at "Eyes on the Prize" had a slightly cheerier post game recap. They even called us 'tough' and 'second best.' Imagine it in a French-Canadian accent and it is kind of sweet. [Eyes on the Prize]
- While the loss certainly wasn't his fault, Allen didn't look terribly sharp at times last night. The first 2 goals made it past him without him even reacting. They were tough shots, but I fell like he didn't even put up a fight against them. Is it time we hand the reigns to Elliott for a bit? Buffa82 thinks so. [STLGT]
- Six other games last night. The Blues didn't win any of those either. T.J. Oshie scored for the Caps to help them win, Columbus lost AGAIN in regulation AGAIN and the Pens got goals from their 3 high paid musketeers and won it in OT. [NHL.com]
- The 3 stars from last night didn't include any Blues, but it does include the guy who shut us out. [Puck Daddy]
- The dumpster fire that is quickly becoming of the Blue Jackets season got a little bigger last night with another loss and is approaching record-breaking levels. [Puck Daddy]
- In the most predictable news of the day, the Blue Jackets fired their coach and hired John Tortorella to try and right the sinking ship in Ohio. [Puck Daddy]
- Patrick Roy, whose team consistently has notoriously bad advanced stats, decides that he isn't a big fan of his "fenway" numbers. [Puck Daddy]
- In the timeliest piece of journalism ever to come from USA Today, they predicted that Todd Richards in Columbus was the most likely coach to be fired mere moments before it was announced that he was, in fact, fired. Let's check with the mages and see who could be next. [USA Today]
- Who do the players in the NHL think are the most underrated players in the NHL? That awkwardly worded question answered. [Puck Daddy]
- Today is Back to the Future Day. After today, the entire series of movies will officially take place in the past. Here are 7 creepy details from the movies that will still not give you a fucking hoverboard. [Cracked]
- Today's beer of the day is none other than Time Traveler Shandy from the Traveler Beer Company. This tasty wheat-based ale has a deliciously balanced strawberry flavor to go along with a wheat smoothness which all come together to create a very enjoyable drinking experience. Drink so many today that you forget what day it is, pass out until the next Blues game on Saturday, and dream of the fucking hoverboard that you were promised decades ago. [Untappd]
- Twitter is a fucking cesspool. Shit like this makes it tolerable. Behold, funny tweets to make you feel better about not having a fucking hoverboard. [Buzzfeed]
- The Cubs are losing 3-0 and are one game away from doing what the Cubs do. Be happy about it. At least hoverboards weren't the only thing they got wrong. [Deadspin]
- We aren't all going to die on Halloween, but a big fast moving asteroid will do a drive-by on us that night. Try to look at the picture on this link and not think of a giant golden sperm. I dare you. [Mental Floss]
Quick Note: The next few days are non-game days for the Blues. Ordinarily that would mean that I would be here, serving you links and laughs and drinking ideas...but alas I have obligations. I won't be back until NEXT Wednesday. See you then.
Who even cares about hoverboards? (Sticktap to CrossCheckRaise for bringing this video to my attention.)
And our song of the day...damn do we need home for a rest.