Hoosier Blue had to take care of some bid-nass for the next week. It'll be a cast of thousands filling in for him in the next few off-mornings. Starting with . . . some dipshit.
Oh, right. I'm talking about me.
PAUL STASTNY NEWS:
- The worst case scenario regarding Blues top-line center Paul Stastny was confirmed by the team yesterday--broken foot, on IR, will be re-evaluated in five weeks. *sad trombone* [SLGT]
- Dan looks at Stastny's loss, his poor October luck and what the Blues may do moving forward without 26. [SLGT]
- A columnist at The Hockey News also takes a look at what the Blues could do in Stastny's absence, and points right at the guy who's basically BEEN replacing him . . . Jori Lehtera, who kinda did this thing last year. (S/T to CrossCheckRaise) [The Hockey News]
OTHER BLUES NEWS:
- Episode 102 of Beyond Checkerdome talks with the Godmother of the show (listen in for the explanation), and we all talk about four road victories. 90+ minutes of podcastin' fun! [SLGT]
- The Blues feel they did pretty well on their six-game road swing. I'd say I agree. [StL Today]
- The tenth point in Elliotte Friedman's 30 Thoughts column this week leaves open the possibility that Carl Gunnarsson could be traded. I have a feeling this would make many Blues fans happy. [Sportsnet]
- Four games last night. All of them had final scores. [NHL.com 10/21/2015]
- Eight games tonight. Presumably, they will all have final scores. [NHL.com 10/22/2015]
- Biggest news yesterday was the Blue Jackets' (highly-inevitable) firing of Todd Richards in favor of . . . John Tortorella? Oh boy, this is gonna be fun! [Blue Jackets Xtra / Puck-Rakers Blog]
- Noted shitbag, Bruins forward Zac Rinaldo, decided to do Zac Rinaldo things to a former teammate of his, Flyers forward Sean Couturier . . . oh, I believe the Department of Player Safety may be speaking with him soon. [CBS Sports Eye on Hockey]
- Ryan Lambert muses about Todd Richards, Sidney Crosby, injuries, Mike Richards, Bruce Boudreau and more in his Wednesday Countdown. [Puck Daddy]
- Some background on 2016's almost-for-sure top NHL Entry Draft pick, forward Auston Matthews. [USA Today]
- TSN's Scott Cullen breaks down the recent hockey analytics conference he attended at the prestigious Rochester Institute of Technology. [TSN]
- Oh, hey, something DID go slightly wrong for Carey Price recently. Though it had nothing to do with his on-ice play. [Sportsnet]
- Former Red Wings forward (and, allegedly, distant cousin of my wife) Daniel Cleary finally reported to the Grand Rapids Griffins after his preseason demotion and should be playing for them soon. [MLive]
- People aren't watching ESPN as often anymore, so they're cutting about 300 jobs. Here, I offer the smallest violin in the world to play their sorrows. [NPR / The Two-Way]
- Jon Bois got it all right, man. [SB Nation / A Huge Dog]
- Hey NFL . . . go fuck yourself. [Deadspin]
- Nine behind-the-scenes secrets of haunted houses. [Mental Floss]
- The next season of Mythbusters will be the last one. [Nerdist]
- Over 30 years after his 1968 Camaro was reported stolen, an Ohio man reunited with said stolen car. [Y! / AP]
Check out the reactions of some Irish adults as they watch hockey for the first time. TARASENKO CAMEOS!!!1! (S/T again to CrossCheckRaise):
Oh, that's priceless.
If my emails didn't lie to me, it will be the return of the Ash AKA RealBadRobot tomorrow on links!