I will never shake my redneck upbringing nor my quasi-hipster ways.
- Robby Fabbri comes off IR and will play tonight, as will Scottie Upshall after missing Saturday with illness. Kevin Shattenkirk will not play. Brian Elliott was sick (probably with Steven Stamkos-itis), so Jake Allen will be in goal tonight. [In the Slot / Lou Korac]
- Ty Rattie will not be playing tomorrow unless something drastically changes from Monday's practice lines. But hey, the team thinks he's a capable fill-in! Or some shit. (I'll probably write about this soon, but I get no sense the organization has ANY faith in this kid.) [StL Today]
- In his Statistically Speaking column, TSN's Scott Cullen explains why losing Jaden Schwartz is a big loss for the Blues. (Which, y'know, WE know but the hockey world at large might not.) [TSN]
- J-Mill has the first report from Lil' Louie's big trip around the world to visit Blues fans. Can't wait for him to get to Kansas City so BluesMay and I can show him the Liberty Memorial! (Among other cool stuff.) [SLGT]
- SB Nation College Hockey reports on the Providence College hockey squad. Friars sophomore defenseman Jake Walman is a Blues prospect. [SB Nation College Hockey]
- A couple Lindenwood-Belleville hockey reports from jstats. The women swept Ohio State; the men split with Oklahoma. #HeartlandOfHockey [SLGT FanPosts; SLGT FanPosts]
- Wanna know WHY Steve Ott "hit that guy so hard"? Because "that guy" had the puck and Steve didn't. Which is a problem. But not an unusual problem for Ott, unfortunately. [Frozen Notes]
KNOW YOUR ENEMY--THE TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING(S):
- Raw Charge has your news and views on the Tampa Bay Fighting Stamkoses . . . errrr, Lightning(s). [Raw Charge]
- And just a friendly reminder . . . tonight's game is being nationally-televised on NBCSN. Set your viewing schedules accordingly.
- Only three contests yesterday. The Flames are a massive pile right now. [NHL.com 10/26/2015]
- A whopping TEN games tonight. Including that one at the Building Adjacent To The Old Kiel Auditorium. [NHL.com 10/27/2015]
- Ryan Lambert takes a look at how Oilers rookie Connor McDavid is doing against the learning curve in this week's What We Learned. [Puck Daddy]
- Speaking of Hockey McJesus, he was robbed of a game-tying goal by Kings goaltender Jonathan Quick on Sunday . . . and, probably, by the video review folks. [TSN]
- Blue Jackets center Ryan Johansen is feeling unexplained fatigue and won't play tonight against the Devils as he continues undergoing tests. That's ONE way to get out of playing for Torts. [Blue Jackets Xtra]
- The Predators inked young defenseman Mattias Ekholm to a six-year extension worth $22.5MM total. [CBS Sports Eye on Hockey]
- This slideshow of the worst injuries of the NHL season thus far includes a few Blues. Of course it does! [Sporting News]
- Alexander Burmistrov got a fine for elbowing Wild(s) defenseman Jared Spurgeon on Sunday. [Sportsnet]
- Sabres forward Evander Kane will miss four to six weeks after wrenching a knee ligament. [USA Today]
- For some reason, Jeremy Roenick tried to either really wrestle an alligator or just act like it for the camera or I DUNNO WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON HERE. [SB Nation]
- Apparently it doesn't matter if a hot dog is a sandwich or not, because the Goddamn things can give you cancer. I always preferred bratwurst with sauerkraut anyway, thank you. [Deadspin / Adequate Man]
- There have been some horrible commercials during the MLB playoffs. Here are the worst. [SB Nation]
- Could polio be eradicated by next year? Maybe not, but it is entirely possible. [NPR / Goats and Soda]
- David Bowie is releasing an album next year. David motherfucking Bowie. And he says it will be "completely bonkers". (Well yeah, it's a David Bowie album.) [Nerdist]
- Check out a cube made of every collectible element on Earth. [Mental Floss]
- Because apparently "Irony" wouldn't have been a good enough name for this dog. [Y! / AP]
I can't recall if I've ever posted this video before. It's a bizarre video, but I love this song and this band . . . "New Slang", by The Shins. If you've seen Garden State, you've heard this one:
The Shins are awesome.
Hoosier Blue is supposed to be back tomorrow. Thus ends our Cast Of Thousands Week here on the links.