Sorry if I seem distracted. Turkey apparently just made an honest effort at starting WWIII, so I've been focused on other things.
Seriously though, a NATO ally just shot down a fucking Russian military jet. This is a big enough deal that it might be worth a minute of your time to familiarize yourself with the details.
Anyway, the show must go on.
- It wasn't always pretty, but the Blues found a way to win a back and forth effort against a tough Buffalo squad. Justin42 blasts out a recap like a Turkish air-to-air missile. [STLGT]
- Considering the posts they hit and the dumb luck goal Fabbri scored, I feel fortunate that we got the win. How do the Sabres feel? Recon the enemy perspective on Die by the Blade. Just don't invade their airspace. [DBTB]
- Read about how the Blues got 'revenge' against the Sabres last night for that 'loss' we had against them last week. [Rant]
- Shattenkirk was named the NHL 3rd start for last week. Nothing like celebrating return from an injury with a nice points streak. [Blues]
- Shatty finally feels 'like himself.' [STL Today]
- 6 other games last night. LOL Nashville. [NHL.com]
- Only 2 games tonight. You're cheering for Ottawa. [NHL.com]
- Puck Daddy has 3 stars from last night. No Blues. [Puck Daddy]
- Petty awesome father-son moment caught live. [Puck Daddy]
- Brad Marchand scores on a sweet play that would make a hurler proud. [Puck Daddy]
- Hockey players have a thing for sweet snow. NHL to start cocaine testing in light of results that show an increase in sucking the blow among players. [Puck Daddy]
- Is former Blues d-man Kris Russell overrated, or a top pairing guy? [Sportsnet]
- Bryan Trottier writes a letter to his 10-year-old self in a neat piece. [Players' Tribune]
- New power rankings. Blues climb a couple of spots. [Bleacher Report]
- I know that we don't usually put serious world shit up here, but this is a big deal folks. [NBC News]
- All natural? Don't bet on it. [Cracked]
- Speaking of hurlers, they can teach hockey players a thing or two about fighting. [Deadspin]
- Your beer of the day is UFO White, in honor of Turkey giving zero fucks about flying objects which violate their airspace. This unfiltered wheat is refreshing with a complex spiced addition to a traditional wheat taste. [Untappd]
Song of the Day:
Your song of the day is 'This Means War" by Avenged Sevenfold. If you read the NBC link, you'll understand why it's appropriate.