- Troy Brouwer is turning out to be worth the trade early on in his time with the Blues. [SLGT]
- Episode 107 of Beyond Checkerdome has an arrogant bastard, three games and a lot of number sevens. And so much more. Give it a listen! [SLGT]
- Paul Stastny played pretty well. Joel Edmundson understands his benching (even if I don't). Alex Pietrangelo's minutes are way too Goddamn high. Jake Allen will be in net tonight. Lou expounds in his Blues notebook. [In the Slot / Lou Korac]
- Darren Pang vocalizes that Stastny, Alexander Steen and Vladimir Tarasenko share a kinship closer than that of linemates in an incredibly unintentional yet very hilarious slip-of-the-tongue. [Frozen Notes]
KNOW YOUR ENEMY--THE PITTSBURGH
FIGHTIN' MALKINKESSELCROSBYLETANGS PENGUINS:
- Your source for Penguins news and insights is PensBurgh. Check them out for tonight's opposing view on things. [Pensburgh]
SCORES AND SCHEDULE:
- Two games last night. Two. [NHL.com 11/24/2015]
- Which, of course, will be made up for with THIRTEEN contests this evening. But you'll only want to see the one in Pittsburgh, probably. [NHL.com 11/25/2015]
- National Hockey League COO John Collins--the guy you can thank for many of the league's honest-to-Christ successful marketing initiatives of the last seven years, including all those outdoor games--will leave the NHL to pursue a new opportunity. Which he will succeed greatly at, surely. (S/T to CrossCheckRaise) [NHL.com]
- Here's Alex Ovechkin holding an oversized bobblehead of himself. [SB Nation / Lookit]
- Wysh runs down the ten most unpleasant surprises so far this NHL season. [Puck Daddy]
- Canadiens forward Brendan Gallagher will be out six weeks after blocking a shot with his hand. [CBS Sports Eye on Hockey]
- Remember when the Blues tried out Dainius Zubrus and didn't sign him? Well, the Sharks gave him a tryout too . . . and he signed a one-year two-way deal with the club yesterday. [USA Today]
- Team value rankings! #DismissiveWankingMotion [Forbes]
- Seattle is making a push to either refurbish the old KeyArena or build a new building. Las Vegas NHL expansion principals say they're not too worried about it. [Sportsnet]
- This is probably throwing shit on the wall to see what sticks, but . . . could the Blue Jackets ACTUALLY be making star forward Ryan Johansen available? (NOTE: this would be crazy on Columbus's part . . . which means it's entirely possible.) [TSN]
- Someone's obsessed with the game "Japan Sumo Cup". [SB Nation / Lookit]
- The NBA's video room had National Lampoon's Animal House on Monday night for some reason. I mean, I would. [Deadspin / Screengrabber]
- Fuck sweet potatoes. Green bean casserole is where it's at for Thanksgiving. (Besides turkey, of course.) [NPR / The Salt]
- The origins of 15 popular holiday foods and drinks. Including . . . yes, green bean casserole. And *BARF* sweet potatoes. [Mental Floss]
- Mark Hamill basically confirms he'll be part of Star Wars Episode VIII in some capacity, not long ahead of the release of Episode VII. Hope you know your Roman numerals, yo. [Nerdist]
- A small Vermont university's mascot that's been missing for a couple months turned up unharmed recently. Hooray. [Y! / AP]
This is my last links post ahead of my favorite holiday, Thanksgiving. So, a couple Turkey Day classics for you.
First, the single greatest scene from the original WKRP In Cincinnati run . . . the apex of the "Turkeys Away" episode, and The Big Man's great line:
"As God as my witness . . . I thought turkeys could fly!"
And what would Thanksgiving be without a visit to Alice's Restaurant? Nothing:
You can get anything you want.
Tomorrow's a holiday, so keep that in mind if there are no links . . . I only know that BluesMay will have Saturday links. Enjoy your turkey day, kids.