I was thinking of all the Penguin/Turkey/Thanksgiving themes I could run with today assuming the Blues beat a Pitsburgh team that they certainly should have gotten 2 points from. Alas, our recent habits of taking a period off and forcing our goalie to make highlight reel saves in order to win games for us bit us in the gizzard last night.
Crosby got his first goal against the Blues, then doubled down, and Malkin undressed Allen in OT. Allen, who looked great overall, ended up finding himself on the losing end of a few highlight reel plays this time.
Anyway...on with the LINKS.
- As mentioned, shit went down last night, and it didn't go our way. All this talk about "at least we stole a point" is sort of starting to piss me off. If we hadn't taken the second off to get some cooking prep done or whatever the hell they were doing, we wouldn't have NEEDED to steal a point. The next time someone sets you on fire, let me know if you take the "at least they pissed on me afterwards" approach. The Blues are like irresponsible alcoholics who get drunk and throw up at your house all the time, but your roommate says 'at least they kept it off the furniture' instead of focusing on the bad behavior which caused that scenario to exist. Anyway, I am done digressing for now. Justin42 does the dishes from last night's crapburger buffet. [STLGT]
- Our friends in the Pitt enjoyed the meal a little more than we did. [Pensburgh]
- Hildy looks at the 5 (6) most irreplaceable Blues, or least replaceable Blues, depending on how you like your superlatives. Check it out, take the poll. Mine are, in no order, Tank, Steen, Petro, Shatty and Tank. [STLGT]
- Armstrong is spending a lot of time in Columbus lately. Maybe he has a thing for college towns...maybe he has a mistress...or maybe something more nefarious is in play... [Bleedin Blue]
- 12 other games last night. Nashville and Chicago won last night. Dallas didn't win, but that is probably only because they didn't play. [NHL.com]
- The only games tonight involve you, your waistline and your awkward family dinners. Please, share the highlights tomorrow.
- Puck Daddy has 3 stars from last night. With 13 games, there was plenty to pick from. [Puck Daddy]
- Crosby feels stupid...[Puck Daddy]
- Take your celebration and stuff it. [Puck Daddy]
- Of all the ways to get hurt in a hockey game, getting tackled by a linesman has gotta be one of the crappiest. [Puck Daddy]
- A brief history of 'fixing' the 'goal scoring problems' in the NHL. [ESPN]
- The WNBA has much prettier athletes than the NHL. [Sport Buzz]
- Meet CynicAle. [Deadspin]
- Make sure you are working your grammar nazi game tonight with the fam. [BoredPanda]
- It's going to be ok. [Oatmeal]
- Today's beer of the day is Salted Caramel Brownie Brown Ale. This beer tastes like a standard brown ale until it is ruined by some creepy aftertaste that might supposed to be caramel. [Untappd]
Song of the day: