Apologies for the late links. The Links Factory locked everyone out until about right now. #NotGoodAtPickingLocks
- Team Captain David Backes brought a friend to the room yesterday . . . Piggy Smalls. #RoarBacon [SLGTFanShots]
- The Blues released Dainius Zubrus from his PTO and signed Martin Havlat to a one-year deal. Rumor has it Havlat separated his shoulder while signing the contract and will be out a minimum of two weeks. #Fragile [SLGT]
- The Blues also activated Kevin Shattenkirk from the injured reserve list, and he'll play tonight in NashVegas. The team also sent down Ty Rattie, because of reasons and science I guess. #FreeRattie [StL Today]
- Check the front page for game day #Content about the Blues. [SLGT]
KNOW YOUR ENEMY--THE NASHVILLE PREDATORS:
- The fine folks at On the Forecheck are host to SB Nation's home of the Predators, tonight's opponent. #Perds [On the Forecheck]
- It'll be odd to see Ol' No. 5 in yellow this evening. #SirJaxx [StL Today]
SCORES AND SCHEDULE:
- Six games last night. #TheBlueJacketsAreATireFire [NHL.com 11/06/2015]
- 11 contests today, including at least one going on while I type out these links. #LiveUpdates [NHL.com 11/07/2015]
- Ryan Lambert looks at why the Wild(s) might regress in Trending Topics. #LaughAtDubnyk [Puck Daddy]
- Here's another reason: Zach Parise is out "week-to-week" with an MCL sprain. #FightingOttIsBadKarma [Twitter / @mnwild]
- The Canadiens unveiled their sweaters for the 2016 Winter Classic against the Bruins. #NotTooShabby [CBS Sports Eye on Hockey]
- Penguins forward Pascal Dupuis, who missed most of last season with blood clots, was taken to the hospital as a precaution due to related symptoms from those clots. Later reports said he'll be fine. #UnluckyBastard [USA Today]
- It appears the Red Wings want to really fancify this new arena of theirs. I don't care, as long as Mike Ilitch is footing the bill for the overruns. #WasteOfPublicMoney [Sporting News]
- Ducks resident asshole forward Corey Perry was hit along the boards, and as a result, his stick almost flew into the stands. #HelicopterWarning [SB Nation]
- A look at Monday's Hockey Hall of Fame induction class by former Blues goaltender Jamie McLennan . . . he, of course, was teammates with one of the focal members of the class. You might know who I'm speaking of. #Retire44 [TSN]
- Canada's Walk of Fame in Toronto is adding seven names. Two of them are long-time Hockey Night in Canada staples Don Cherry and Ron MacLean. How was Cherry (at least) not already there? #Grapes [Sportsnet]
- Godfather of SB Nation's hockey sector, James Mirtle, looks at why the Maple Leafs shouldn't worry too much about the struggles of young center Nazem Kadri in the early going. #BadBadLuck [The Globe and Mail]
- The international trailer for Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens is out . . . and #HolyShit. [Nerdist]
- Cowboys defensive star Greg Hardy is a real winner. #DisgustingAsshole [Deadspin]
- Remember Adnan Syed, the "star" of the Serial podcast? He'll get a hearing on new evidence, months after Syed's case was granted a request for review and 15 years after he was convicted. #WrongfulConviction? [NPR / The Two-Way]
- Here's an interesting long read about Pope Pius XII and his involvement with World War II. (Basically, he ordered the death of Adolf Hitler very early in both of their reigns.) #Longform [Mental Floss]
- A digital camera? I would've thrown it back. #WaterloggedToys [Y! / AP]
- Earlier today, Penn State quarterback Christian Hackenberg smacked an on-field official with a forward pass. Not intentionally, but still. #Doink [SB Nation / #Lookit]
The inspiration for today's links was @midnight, and their #HashtagWars.
CHOOSE ONE: 1) I'm sorry. 2) You're welcome.
Anyway, here's a Hashtag Wars recap from the week of October 19th's episodes:
Oh, and hey, it's less than a week until I see Chris Hardwick at the Midland in Kansas City. So . . . woohoo! #FunComfortableTour
Again, apologies for the late links and stuff. It'll never happen agAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA LIKE FUCK IT WON'T.
I believe Hoosier Blue has your links tomorrow.