Apparently, someone took the dissent from some of our crew as being "whiny asses".
You keep drinkin' in that sunshine and suckin' on those lollipops there, bud. Seems we struck a nerve.
Anyway . . . a slight scheduling snafu led to me doing these links instead of BluesMay. She'll be back Thursday and probably Saturday.
- Lou found a fascinatingly creative way to say that the Blues are inconsistent and that it's maddening as all fucking hell. [In the Slot / Lou Korac]
- The Blues: Out-shooting the planet, scoring very little. HEY, SPEAKING OF MADDENING . . . THIS! [StL Today / Morning Skate]
- Get set for the St. Louis Classic, happening at Shaw Park on Saturday, January 2nd. I may have to make the cross-state trek for this . . . . [Frozen Notes]
KNOW YOUR ENEMY--THE WINNIPEG JETS:
- Looking for the Jets side of tonight's matchup in Winnipeg? Arctic Ice Hockey has you covered. [Arctic Ice Hockey]
- Apparently, three of the Jets' top players are asking for monster contracts. Will they sign them all, a couple, one or none? [Winnipeg Free Press]
SCORES AND SCHEDULE:
- Five games last night, and I tell ya, there were some fascinating results. [NHL.com 12/15/2015]
- 11 contests tonight. The droids you're looking for will be in Winnipeg. [NHL.com 12/16/2015]
- I'm not linking to that hot piece of fucking garbage from USA Today regarding one certain Fucker Up North. Not doing it. Not giving it traffic. Fuck. That.
- Looking at what's behind the resurgence of the Kings this season (last night notwithstanding) and more in What We Learned by Ryan Lambert. [Puck Daddy]
- Ducks forward Nate Thompson will sit for three games for whacking Hurricanes defenseman Justin Faulk in the head. [LA Times]
- The Penguins are in "D"eep trouble. Get it? HAHAHA, THAT'S A KNEE-SLAPPER . . . [The Sporting News]
- . . . anyway, so they went and made their defense worse, acquiring Trevor Daley from the Blackhawks for Rob Scuderi . . . Daley is BAD, you guys. Like, not-good bad. [SB Nation]
- The Maple Leafs will celebrate
a surprising thrashing of the Blues100 years of franchise history with redesigned logos and uniforms next season. [Sports Logos]
- The hardest player to trade for each NHL team, according to some guy. Interesting pick for the Blues, though in a regard, he's probably not wrong (except they shouldn't WANT to). [Sportsnet]
- Court documents show Blue Jackets defenseman Jack Johnson didn't learn about his financial trouble from his parents . . . but, rather, his team. Well then. [TSN]
- Friend of Game Time, Sarah Connors, has started a Tumblr page dedicated to photos of Blackhawks gear at games the Blackhawks aren't playing in. Because really, fuck these assholes. [Blackhawks Where They Do Not Belong]
- Major League Baseball tells Pete Rose to fuck off once again. [NPR / The Two-Way]
- Yyyyyyyyyyeah, ABOUT that . . . . [Deadspin]
- A dissertation regarding Han Solo and how he's the quintessential Star Wars character. [Nerdist]
- Speaking of space movies . . . what folks can piece together from the new Star Trek Beyond trailer. [io9]
- And now, REAL space things . . . NASA recently spotted an active storm system on a star for the first time ever. [Mental Floss]
- The drought in California ruined Christmas for an Orange County hotel. [Y! / AP]
BEER OF THE DAY:
- [Redacted] Rye from Renegade Brewing in Denver. I'm a sucker for hops, and this one's got 'em. 7% ABV, 60 IBU. Pucker up! [Untappd]
I can't recall if I've posted this before. If so, fuck if I care. The sock-hop version of "Rude":
I actually don't mind that song, surprisingly enough.
Hoosier Blue will take his turn
being a whiny ass, apparently here at the Links Factory tomorrow. As noted, BluesMay is scheduled for Thursday.
And we should have Episode 110 of Beyond Checkerdome here for you soon.