Sorry I am punching in late. Please don't fire me. I don't know how I can pay the bills without this income...
I want to note that I mentioned poor shot selection three times yesterday, and the Blues coaching staff addressed it yesterday, and the Blues took better shots and won a game. Yes, I will take full credit.
- The Blues compete hard for ALMOST a full game and beat a tough division rival. We had a few breakdowns (Hello Tarasenko getting stripped of the puck then running over Petro and causing another turnover that led to us getting hemmed in for 2 fucking minutes, but I digress) but didn't take a period off and played with some toughness...and WON a nice comeback victory. Justin42 takes a walk down memory lane. [STLGT]
- Hildy reminds us that this isn't the fake cheering section and it is ok to be pessimistic (or optimistic, if that's your thing) about this team. Check out the article. Chime in. [STLGT]
- Buffa reiterates hildy's point, and tries to offer some perspective on what it is like to be a writer on a site like this, and have people lining up to shit all over your opinions. [STLGT]
- Our friends at Arctic Ice Hockey weren't fans of last night's result. Catchy headline though. Poor guys are on the ledge and talking about jumping over there. Maybe some of our folks could donate their rose colored glasses to the Jets fanbase. [AIH]
- 10 other games last night. Who cares...the Blues won and that's what counts. [NHL]
- 2 games tonight. Both in the east, so we collectively give not one single shit. [NHL]
- Puck Daddy's 3 stars from last night. No Blues, but Varlamov gets some love for shutting out the Hawks and ending Kane's streak. We can finally stop hearing about that bullshit. [Puck Daddy]
- Ryan Johansen gets benched during the entire 3rd period by Torts...ro roh. [Puck Daddy]
- World Cup of hockey schedule released. (The lead picture says 'cup of ho.' My interest was piqued under false pretenses). [Puck Daddy]
- If golden Sid isn't the best player in hockey, who is? Our special Russian franchise cornerstone gets a look in this piece. [Washington Post]
- Will the NHL finally shrink the goalie gear in the quest for the elusive 'more goals?' It is a better idea than bigger nets, that's for damn sure. [USA Today]
- A look at all the GMs and their likelihood of making trades. Army gets 17th most likely, but their rationale includes this gem: "The Blues have been playing well and don't look like a team that needs a change." Regardless of your relative optimism/pessimism ratio, you can probably acknowledge the fact that his rational is batshit wrong. [ESPN]
- Getting married is stressful enough...wedding photos on the side of a cliff...now that's just fucking nuts. [Bored Panda]
- "The world will not find everything I do adorable" and other advice people wish their parents would have given them. [Distractify]
- If sex was like porn. [College Humor]
- Your beer of the day is Dark Truth Stout, by Boulevard. In honor of all the dark truths about hockey, opinions, the Blues and life in general that have been shared in the last couple of days. This smooth, strong, malty delight is great for getting hammered on, then trolling STLGT writers. [Untappd]
Song of the day:
In honor of the Blues scoring in the first minute of a period for the first time this year. And the second time this year...Come out Swinging.