Since my stupid DVR tried to record the game on Fox Sports Tennessee (which I don't have) instead of Fox Sports Midwest (which I do have, and the channel it was TOLD to record on) I missed all but the 3rd period. The parts I saw were pretty snazzy though.
- The Blues get their shit together in the midst of some terrible calls and tough breaks and beat a loathed divisional rival. Things got 'frantic' (like Harrison Ford, eh Panger?) but they pulled out the win after ANOTHER beautiful clutch goal by Tzar Tarasenko. Justin42 has the details. [STLGT]
- The predheads weren't as excited about Tarasenko's goal as I was. What assholes. [OTFC]
- The Blues honored Barret Jackman during a TV timeout with a nice tribute. [Puck Daddy]
- Could the Blues be looking to trade defensive depth for firepower? (Please say yes, please say Gunnarsson) [HNGN]
- 10 other games last night. Dallas lost to the Flames (!), the Blackhawks won and Columbus scored a touchdown. So...meh. [NHL]
- 6 games tonight. None that matter. [NHL]
- Puck Daddy has 3 stars. No Blues, but Tarasenko gets a mention. [Puck Daddy]
- Alex Burrows likes to make fun of people for being abused as children. What a piece of...something. [Puck Daddy]
- Could Stamkos be a Canadiens rental player? Man, that would be bad. Like bad-bad. [Puck Daddy]
- Tis the season. [Bored Panda]
- Adult or not, these are funny. [Buzzfeed]
- Guys, don't feel bad about those catcalls. [Distractify]
- Your beer of the day is Generous Ale by Guinness, A nice, smooth, winter ale. Drink it to honor the hockey gods who were generous enough to give us Vladimir Tarasenko. [Untappd]
Song of the day:
I hate this song, and I hate this band, but apparently Panger likes them. For those who missed it, Panger 'sang' the lyrics 'like Harrison Ford he's getting frantic' last night. And the Blues won. So, for whatever polite Canadian voodoo that might have been involved, here is your shitty song of the day.