Hoosier Blue has been traveling for the holidays. BluesMay and I had family in town. It all equaled no links yesterday.
That's alright, it means I'll have plenty of links today! I think.
- Despite doing their best to get outplayed and blow it, the Blues won 4-3 in overtime over the Predators on Tuesday. Justin recaps yo ass. [SLGT]
- On The Forecheck wasn't as pleased with the result but seemed mostly positive about the effort of their boys. I can't say as I blame them. [On The Forecheck]
- Scott Gomez was put on waivers yesterday and had cleaned out his locker . . . [SLGT]
- . . . because he was put on unconditional waivers, so he could be granted his release. [Frozen Notes]
- A look at the shutouts Jake Allen has posted this season. [SLGT]
- A look at the staff's opinions of the pending return of Patrik Berglund as it relates to the roster. [SLGT]
- Episode #112 of Beyond Checkerdome is here! [SLGT]
KNOW YOUR ENEMY--THE MINNESOTA WILD(S):
- Your stop for Wild(s) news and fan views is . . . Hockey Wilderness. They're alright and stuff. [Hockey Wilderness]
SCORES AND SCHEDULE:
- Five games last night. That Ovechkin guy . . . he might be good and stuff. [NHL.com 12/30/2015]
- The Year 2015 ends with nine NHL contests, including one on St. Louis River Island . . . errrrr, in Scottrade Center. [NHL.com 12/31/2015]
- Ryan Lambert takes on the silliness of hockey as usual in his Countdown. [Puck Daddy]
- Bruins forward Brad Marchand will miss three games (including the Winter Classic) because he did a derp thing on Senators defenseman Mark Borowiecki on Tuesday. [CBS Sports Eye on Hockey]
- Where should the next Winter Classic be? Somehow, despite the attendance problems, St. Louis is on this list. [USA Today]
- Canadiens goaltender Ben Scrivens seems to have that midichlorian magic. [SB Nation]
- The Blue Jackets are likely glad to have Sergei Bobrovsky back from IR, the way they've been playing of late. [Sportsnet]
- 2015 was trippy for the Maple Leafs and their fans, man. [TSN]
- NCAA Hockey 101 with Ryan Lambert. [Puck Daddy]
- Team USA's U20's destroyed Switzerland 10-1 in Finland yesterday. Yeah, that'll do. [CBS Sports Eye on Hockey]
- What would the NHL look like if it went back to the "Original Six"? A lot more skilled, it appears. [USA Today]
- An incredibly fuck-tastic own goal from a goaltender in a Polish League game recently. [SB Nation]
- Sam Gagner cleared waivers and will be sent to the Flyers' AHL affiliate. [Sportsnet]
- A look at the heroes and zeroes, "Statistically Speaking", of late. [TSN]
- This gives me flashbacks to 1993. Hope you all are staying safe. [NPR / The Two-Way]
- Ranking sports overtimes. The shootout doesn't make the list, because fuck the shootout. [Deadspin]
- If you're gonna drink and drive, it's probably best not to post a video of it to Facebook. [Y! / AP]
- Shocking to some (though not me), the Star Wars prequels had redeeming qualities. [Nerdist]
- A Memphis player was being a dick about Auburn's game ball after their bowl game. [SB Nation]
- A look at nine of this planet's most isolated towns. [Mental Floss]
BEER OF THE DAY:
- This one was fascinating . . . Oculto, from Broken Barrel Brewing (an A-B subsidiary, as it turns out). Tequila was involved in its' brewing process. [Untappd]
A proper sendoff to one Lemmy Kilmister. Rest in power, sir:
And don't forget the joker.
BluesMay returns Saturday. I return Monday.
We may have links tomorrow, we may not. If not, Happy Goddamn New Year!