I know you guys on Friday night were celebrating hard, so I didn't want to bother you guys with any links yesterday morning. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
- We can all agree to acknowledge that Martin Brodeur as a Blue was weird...but maybe it was just part of what Marty so great? (Sticktap to Hildy.) [SBNation NHL]
- Speaking of Marty, he's learning the front office ropes on the job. Which is great news for the Devils, as we're essentially training him for his job in New Jersey this summer. [NHL.com]
- As many of you no doubt saw on Twitter yesterday, the Blues' dads trip got to see the White House. I remember when I got to take a trip to DC in 7th grade. Unfortunately, it was just a few weeks after 9/11, so we didn't get to see the White House. [Blues]
- Hey look, we're essentially guaranteed a playoff spot now. That's awfully nice of them to do that, isn't it? [Frozen Notes]
KNOW YOUR ENEMY - THE WASHINGTON CAPITALS:
- The Capitals were in Montreal yesterday afternoon, where they lost to the Canadiens 1-0 in overtime. [Japers' Rink]
- Jay Beagle is like a "middle infielder" for the Caps. Add "scrappy," "switch-hitting," and "also plays 3rd, left, right, and center field," and he'd be a god in St. Louis. [Washington Post]
- They played some games yesterday. They are not still playing any of those games, therefor, outcomes have been finalized. [NHL.com 1/31]
- All of today's games are early in the afternoon. I wonder why? Is there something going on tonight? I don't think so, because The Walking Dead doesn't come back until next Sunday. Curious... [NHL.com 2/1]
- The Sharks beat TFUN 2-0. Awesome. [Fear the Fin]
- Dustin Byfuglien tried to get Jamie Benn in a sleeper hold. Also awesome. [SBNation NHL]
- Tim Peel is a terrible NHL referee. He's also apparently a great drinking buddy - at leas that's what Greg Wyshynski, one of his harshest critics, found out. (Sticktap to Marcus.) [Puck Daddy]
UN-HOCKEY RELATED THINGS:
- "I'm happy, I'm feeling glad..." Gorillaz are making a come back! [Billboard]
- St. Louis is officially the most charitable city in the US. SUCK IT, CLEVELAND! [Riverfront Times]
- In San Francisco, a series of offensive racists ads against Muslims have been popping up on the side of buses. The public has fought back by covering them up with pictures of Kamala Khan, aka Ms. Marvel. [Nerdist]
- Oh hey would you look at that! There's an NFL game today apparently. [Practically anywhere on the internet or television, you don't seriously need a link for this, do you?]
- But last night the Football Hall of Fame announced this summer's class, and neither Kurt Warner nor Orlando Pace were selected this time around. Which is just incorrect. [NFL.com]
You'll see this ad today during The Game. At least if you're in St. Louis. Go Hullie & Vladi!
We're in DC today, so learn yourself about that dern guv'ment!
I'll be with you again tomorrow. Send me things to post, won't you? It'd be awfully nice of you.
- jasonmcadams1120 AT gmail DOT com
I'll leave you with my only thoughts on the Super Bowl:
I want SEA to win, just so 1 day an idiot HoF voter will look at Brady & go "well, he lost as many SBs as he won. Guess he's not THAT good."— Jason McAdams (@JMill1120) February 1, 2015