You wanna get nuts? Let's get nuts.
Nope, put 'em back in your pants. Sorry.
- I don't know if 6768barn is advocating for a Keith Yandle trade or a Kevin Shattenkirk bionic abdomen, but apparently two consecutive regulation losses out of 15 games is too much for this person to take. [SLGT FanPosts]
- Speaking of Shattenkirk, if everything is typical following the procedure he underwent last Thursday, he's expected to recover in six to eight weeks. [StL Today / Morning Skate]
- This ain't an easy part of the schedule, but the Blues don't fancy themselves weak. [In the Slot / Lou Korac]
- Subscribe to the rest of the season of the paper for $30. gtbradlee AT gmail DOT com. [Twitter / @StLouisGameTime]
- BTW, we advertised for new game recap writers yesterday. We got two takers. You'll see them on upcoming recaps.
KNOW YOUR ENEMY--THE
PHOENIX GLENDALE SEATTLE ARIZONA COYOTES EASTER EGGS SASQUATCH:
- Before they finally move to greener pastures, enjoy what fans have to say about the Arizona Coyotes at their SBN home, Five For Howling. [Five for Howling]
- Five games last night. The Coyotes are gonna come in to St. Louis a bit gassed, it appears, but at least they helped. Thanks fellas, now get bent. [NHL.com 02/09/15]
- Nine games tonight, including that one at the DrinkScotch. [NHL.com 02/10/15]
- Jeff Veillette, aka Jeffler, pretty much takes apart The Hockey News and the rest of Toronto's print media for being . . . well, themselves. (S/T to CrossCheckRaise) [The Faceoff Circle]
- The old-timers of the group may remember Claude Ruel as the coach of the Canadiens that took down the Blues in the 1969 Stanley Cup Final. Ruel passed yesterday at age 76. [USA Today]
- How can we make Hockey Twitter better? (S/T to our fearless leader, hildymac, and seriously, this is a GREAT read) [Eyes on the Prize]
- Craig Custance spoke with the guy of the NHL Ties Twitter account. Wonder what this guy would think of the slim knot I sport at work, eh? (S/T again to CrossCheckRaise) [ESPN]
- Could the new OHL team in Flint, MI be named the Tropics? Fans of Semi-Pro would be delighted. (S/T again to CrossCheckRaise) [TSN / BarDown]
- Kimmo Timonen is skating again for the Flyers, but he probably won't stay there long if he's able to help a team down the stretch. Who might be interested? [Courier-Post]
- Recently-waived goaltender Evgeni Nabokov was traded by the Lightning(s) to the Sharks, and the 39-year-old netminder will announce his future plans Wednesday. [Sharks]
- Gordie Howe was honored at a dinner in Saskatoon, and was up and well enough to accept the honor. Science, dude. [Y! Sports]
- That car Alex Ovechkin was given by Honda was finally received by Ovi . . . and shortly thereafter donated to charity. [CBS Sports Eye on Hockey]
- Someone's getting Evander Kane in their prime, and it's probably not the Jets because, well, whatever. Also, someone forgot to tell Lambert about the Blues' 7-1 loss to the Blue Jackets on Friday (scroll down). Otherwise . . . What We Learned. [Puck Daddy]
- Pissing in a reservoir is probably not wise if you're a water manager of a major U.S. city. But I'm no expert. [Y! / AP]
- If you're maintaining a skeleton course, maybe don't leave a broom out there. That seems dangerous. But again, I'm no expert. [Deadspin]
The dancepop tune "Sandstorm", played on five accordions and one drum set. Fucking. Awesome. (S/T once more to CrossCheckRaise):
I have one more day by which you can come at with me with links and videos before I take, like, a week off from life:
- gtdonutking AT gmail DOT com
And Episode 73 of Beyond Checkerdome comes your way later this week!