So, as you saw last week, J-Mill has stepped aside as my weekend link rat. Kate and I COULD do the job ourselves, but if you'd like to join the links staff to give us a hand and take the weekends for us (either Friday thru Sunday or Saturday thru Monday, more than likely), get at me. My info, as always, is at the end of the links post.
- Hoosier Blue believes now is the time to panic, which seems like an easier thing to say than "The Blues always suck in February" (which, they always do, it seems). [SLGT]
- Commenter and friend of Game Time, jstats, started a GDT for Hockey Day in America. Good work, sir. [SLGT]
- Eight games yesterday. Thank you, Bruins . . . nice try, Sabres . . . you're fucking terrible, Stars. [NHL.com 02/22/15]
- Two games tonight . . . neither move the needle for me. [NHL.com 02/23/15]
- Why was it Hockey Day in America yesterday? Probably this . . . 35 years ago yesterday was the Miracle On Ice. [USA Today]
- Speaking of which . . . the ring Herb Brooks got for Team USA's gold medal sold for $113K at auction. [Puck Daddy]
- The Penguins may be looking to reacquire Jordan Staal . . . which would be . . . something. [CBS Sports Eye on Hockey]
- Speaking of rumo(u)rs . . . here's what some contenders might do at the deadline. They say the Blues aren't expected to do much, but Doug Armstrong is our GM, so . . . . [USA Today / For The Win]
- Senators defenseman Jared Cowen will have a hearing in regards to his hit to the head of Panthers forward Jussi Jokinen on Saturday. [Puck Daddy]
- Either the Norfolk Tides are about to get Ilya Bryzgalov, or the universe is about to get weirder for another NHL team. The Ducks definitely are ridding themselves of him, it seems. [CBS Sports Eye on Hockey]
- Think the Canucks might look at Bryz? Well, if this injury to Ryan Miller is something, maybe, but I doubt it. Oh, here's the smallest violin in the world, Vancouver, by the way. Look at me. [USA Today]
- Your full list of Academy Award winners. Congratulations to former Missoula, MT resident and University of Montana attendee, J.K. Simmons! And others. [ET]
- Some people fish with nets. Some people fish with poles. This dude fishes with a World War II-era rifle. Ummmmm. [Y! / AP]
- Big Sky Conference basketball is batshit. At least it is at Idaho. [Deadspin]
Continuing the Monty Python's Flying Circus theme we've had lately . . . "The Ministry of Silly Walks":
John Cleese is awesome.
Send links, videos and shit to me for the next couple days:
- gtdonutking AT gmail DOT com
And look for Episode 75 of Beyond Checkerdome later this week. With a guest!