By the way, as noted yesterday, we have a new weekend links rat that will be doing Saturday thru Monday links. Formal introduction of this mystery person . . . will come at the end of this post.
Now, today's links!
- At Monday's practice, Ken Hitchcock played around with the lines and the power play, pretty much assuring that if the Blues lost, he would PROBABLY be the first scapegoat . . . [SLGT FanShots]
- . . . but, instead, the defense played like ass and everyone wonders why Jake Allen isn't God-like in goal as the Blues get pasted by the Canadiens 5-2 to end a 1-for-4 homestand. TRADE EVERYONE! Or read Michael's recap. [SLGT]
- Obviously, the road side's fans felt a bit better about the proceedings. [Eyes on the Prize]
- Fox Sports Midwest graphics fail! [Puck Daddy]
- Eleven games last night, including that godawful wretched piece of shit many of you watched. [NHL.com 02/24/15]
- Three games tonight. An honest-to-Jeebus rivalry? Well, that's strange. [NHL.com 02/25/15]
- Jack Eichel and the Hobey Baker race as well as the ECAC title stretch drive are covered in this week's NCAA Hockey 101 from Ryan Lambert. [Puck Daddy]
- The Blackhawks had already been playing pretty poorly. Now they'll be missing Patrick Kane for "some time" after he fell awkwardly into the boards. Go Jets Go, I suppose. [CBS Sports Eye on Hockey]
- Before beating the Blues, the Canadiens sent young Czech forward Jiri Sekac to the Ducks for forward Devante Smith-Pelly, whom you may recall scored Anaheim's series-clinching goal over the Stars last year. [USA Today]
- The Kings extended forward Jordan Nolan for three years at a pretty good price ($950K AAV, not listed in this piece). [Kings]
- The Islanders, meanwhile, inked defenseman Nick Leddy to a seven-year extension at $5.5MM AAV. [Puck Daddy]
- Yesterday, we learned that the Avalanche(s) aren't too keen on statistical analysis, and it shows when Patrick Roy pulls off stunts like this: PULLING HIS GOALTENDER WITH TWELVE MINUTES REMAINING IN THE GAME. WHAT. IN. THE. ACTUAL. FUCK. [CBS Sports Eye on Hockey]
- And a bit of a minor deal . . . Sean Bergenheim requested a trade through his agent last week, and the Panthers fulfilled that request, sending the veteran Finnish forward and a seventh-round pick to the Wild(s) for a third round pick. [USA Today]
- What happens when a dude puts two G40 rocket motors on his snowboard? Well, if you have 40 seconds to spare, have a look. (S/T to Jason G.) [Teton Gravity Research]
- How did scams work in the 1800's? Well, basically, like they do today . . . where basically no one can be trusted. Fun! [NPR / History Dept.]
- Backfield clearance fail by a Juventus defender against Borussia Dortmund. CHAMPIONS LEAGUE SOCCER, YO. [Deadspin / Screengrabber]
- You'd think people would KNOW having a strip club on a boat in the water would probably lead to issues. So yeah, just don't do that, okay? Latest problem: sewage. Oh joy. [Y! / AP]
The mystery of Prince Rupert's Drop of Glass, revealed by science. This is totally cool. (S/T to @AaronWoody1):
Your links, videos and other shit for tomorrow and Friday go to my wife:
- ncismay87 AT gmail DOT com
Keep your ears peeled for a super-long Episode 75 of Beyond Checkerdome, coming your way later today.
And your new weekend links rat is . . . Ashley, aka "RealBadRobot"! Congratulations!