Top shelf, where momma hides the cookies. From the neutral zone boards.
Ondrej Pavelec is my fucking spirit animal, man.
- JAXX JAXX JAXX JAXX JAXX . . . Barret Jackman, from the other side of the blue line, top corner on Pavelec. And the Blues win 5-4 in regulation over the Jets in a game that totally should've gone to overtime or possibly be a loss. Justin has your recap. [SLGT]
- You probably had a pretty good idea that our pals at Arctic Ice Hockey did not like that result as much. [Arctic Ice Hockey]
- Blues' defensive prospect Colton Parayko will forego his senior season at the University of Alaska, signing a two-year entry-level deal. He will report to the Wolves. [SBN College Hockey]
- Bob McKenzie's report about Vladimir Tarasenko is, as you'd expect, much ado about nothing. CanesAndBluesFan expounds. [SLGT]
- Eight games last night, including that one. [NHL.com 03/10/15]
- Three games tonight. Oh look, another (L)Eastern Conference matchup on Wednesday Night Rivalry. Cute. [NHL.com 03/11/15]
- The longest game in NCAA D-I hockey history, Minnesota State claims the WCHA regular-season title and other college hockey happenings in Ryan Lambert's weekly NCAA Hockey 101 post. [Puck Daddy]
- Fewer penalties means teams are scoring fewer power play goals. No shit, obviously, but it's also led to a decrease in overall scoring. Gary Bettman weeps. [CBS Sports Eye on Hockey]
- A pretty ugly story involving a sexual assault complaints against players of the QMJHL's Gatineau Olympiques is unfolding. [Y! / Buzzing the Net]
- If only many of the rest of the Flyers felt as bad as R.J. Umberger does, they might have some kind of accountability, maybe. [Puck Daddy]
- Devan Dubnyk started his 25th straight game for the Wild(s) last night (a 6-2 victory over the Devils, mind you). Is Minnesota overworking him? (Probably, but Devan fucking Dubnyk is probably just happy to be in the damn league, thankyouverymuch.) [CBS Sports Eye on Hockey]
- Help Die by the Blade design a Sabres third jersey that doesn't suck horseshit and won't be modeled by Steve Ott, would you please? [Die by the Blade]
- The latest draft lottery odds, and how likely the league fixes the draft for these 14 clubs. [Puck Daddy]
- Rams fans, say goodbye to your former glaring disappointment and say hello to your new one. [Deadspin]
- Italian architects are looking into a project similar to Manhattan's High Line in Rome. Fascinating. [NPR / Parallels]
- When committing a burglary in a snowy place, it's probably not wise to put your car in a snow bank so that your license plate numbers can be read. No? [Y! / AP]
- I, for one, am not shocked that Reddit is a Goddamn cesspool. [Gawker]
Wanna be able to answer some tough questions? Be a hockey player. (S/T to Art Lippo):
Now THAT . . . is some deflecting. (And great acting.)
Your links for tomorrow and Friday shall be collected and posted by my wife. Send her things:
- ncismay87 AT gmail DOT com
And come on back later today for Episode 77 of Beyond Checkerdome. We drink. We talk hockey. And stuff.