- Nothing happened. Yet.
STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS:
- New York Rangers (1) vs. Tampa Bay Lightning(s) (1)
- Anaheim Ducks (1) vs. Chicago Blackhawks (1)
- I think the Rangers would like to forget that last night's game happened. Oh well. It did, and here's scoreboard proof. [NHL.com 05/18/15]
- Not all people named Tyler suck at hockey. Tyler Johnson got a hat trick last night. [Sportsnet]
- During the game, Brad Kovachik took a nasty spill as a result of Kevin Klein being hit into the boards by Steven Stamkos. Kovachik had to leave the game. Later, it was revealed that he suffered an MCL sprain/tear and will miss the rest of the postseason. [Deadspin / Screengrabber]
- The question is no longer WHETHER OR NOT Rick Nash sucks in the playoffs. Now, the question is "WHY?". That and more in Ryan Lambert's weekly What We Learned piece. [Puck Daddy]
- Coaching hires! First, a candidate I presume the Blues were NOT looking at in Dave Hakstol. He jumps from the cushy confines of the North Dakota program to the pressure-cooker the Flyers have in Philadelphia. [USA Today]
- Then, reports state that Todd McLellan will ultimately be tapped for the Oilers job, with an announcement as soon as today. That's a candidate that would've at least intrigued me in StL. [TSN]
- The Russian team will face IIHF sanction after most of their team skated off the ice ahead of the playing of "O Canada" following Sunday's World Championships gold medal match. Even our own Vladimir Tarasenko said "Fuck Canada". [CBS Sports Eye on Hockey]
- Famed climber Dean Potter and another man perished in a BASE jumping mishap at Yosemite National Park over the weekend. [NPR / The Two-Way]
- While I don't agree with the assertion that Bass Ale sucks, I'll drink anything from Newcastle. Especially since that town's soccer team wants to drive me to liver poisoning anyway. [Deadspin / The Concourse]
- There are genetic differences between early risers and night owls. [Mental Floss]
- A bunch of chips in Oregon lost one possible condiment of choice as a truck loaded with sour cream overturned. D'oh. [Y! / AP]
I'm gonna see The Decemberists in concert on Sunday. You probably don't know who they are. That's fine, but you really should check them out sometime. Here's a video of theirs, for a song called "Calamity Song":
I am so excited for this show, actually. I'll have another cool Decemberists video tomorrow.
Send your links, your videos and your other shit my way for tomorrow. I'll find it a home:
- gtdonutking AT gmail DOT com
We had a guest for Episode 86 of Beyond Checkerdome, which should be up soon.
We'll probably have more UFA Survivor material for you today as well.