Yeah, so I decided that camping out near where the Missouri River is formed by three river forks in the western part of Montana was better than sitting at home to do links.
Sorry about that. Hope you can forgive me.
- According to some website I've never heard of, St. Louis is a good hockey town. YEAH, SUCK IT, CARDINALS FANS! (Oh wait, I'm one of THOSE, too . . . ) [SLGT]
- We unleashed Episode #89 of Beyond Checkerdome upon an unsuspecting world yesterday, where CCR and I talked about stuff and things. [SLGT]
- The Bolts took Game 3 over Those Fuckers Up North, thanks to a gutty performance by Ben Bishop . . . who, despite reports, did not have the shits but probably a real injury of some type. [NHL.com 06/08/15]
- And the two teams square off tonight in The Mental Institution On Whatever-The-Fuck Street It's On for Game 4. [NHL.com 06/10/15]
- Bishop wasn't talking about his injury after Game 3. [Puck Daddy]
- Meanwhile, Bolts coach Jon Cooper says Bishop isn't hurt, just "tall". Well, we fucking knew that, coach. [CBS Sports Eye on Hockey]
- Crazy good TV ratings for Game 3, despite the game being on FUCKING CABLE. [USA Today]
- The headline here should read "NBC Sports Chairman Is A Fucking Moron", and being that it's Deadspin, I'm surprised they didn't just go with that. [Deadspin]
- The City of Glendale is discussing the Coyotes lease again. Rut roh, Shaggy. [Sportsnet]
- Then, Yotes GM Don Maloney said he's open to trading their third overall pick. Scorched earth for their move to Seattle? [TSN]
- Now that the Grand Rapids Griffins are officially eliminated from the AHL playoffs, the Red Wings have made their promotion of Jeff Blashill to head coach of the senior squad official. [AHL]
- Meanwhile, the team that took Mike Babcock from Detroit has hired a coach for their AHL team. The Maple Leafs nabbed former NHLer Sheldon Keefe, currently coaching the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds, to helm the Marlies. He's got a bit of a past. [Pension Plan Puppets]
- Our old pal Fred Brathwaite is trying to work his way up to become a goalie coach in the NHL. [The Color of Hockey]
- Ryan Lambert doesn't like Patrick Kane and Jonathan Toews being together on a line, and says so in Trending Topics. [Puck Daddy]
- The Bolts-Hawks series is living up to the hype. [CBS Sports Eye on Hockey]
- Mike "Doc" Emrick will receive the Vin Scully Award for lifetime achievement. As he deserves. [USA Today]
- Meet the man with the loneliest job in hockey. (S/T to CrossCheckRaise) [Sportsnet]
- The NHLPA is starting a "back-to-school" program for its' constituents. Nice. Can't believe they didn't do this sooner. [TSN]
- An interesting read on Afghani women looking to climb the highest peak in that country. [NPR / Parallels]
- The most interesting part of the Game of Thrones coloring book will probably be the Red Wedding. [Nerdist]
- Why are Social Security cards so flimsy? [Mental Floss]
- We have our first "amphibious" baseball pitcher, you guys! [SB Nation / Lookit]
- In other pitching news, a dude threw the first MLB no-hitter of the season. In doing so, he allowed no walks but hit three batters. Impressive. [Deadspin]
- Dank smokers in Colorado can now go to a special camp . . . just for them! [Y! / AP]
Two of them today. First, one just for Nerdfighters, from your leader Hank Green:
I dig it. (Even if I broke a rule here. No fucks given.)
And then, let's find out if hitting the snooze button actually DOES help:
. . . or not.
Alright, that's about as close to "double the links" I'll get.
BluesMay has your Thursday and Friday links. Send her material and stuff:
- ncismay87 AT gmail DOT com