The Blackhawks' run of the last six years is proof that there is no god.
- But our old pal Ben Bishop gets to beat them. If he can fully get his shit together, I guess. [SLGT]
STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS: THE FINALS-ING:
- Tampa Bay Lightning(s) (0) vs. Chicago Blackhawks (0)
- No hockey until tomorrow. You know who's playing. [NHL.com 06/03/15]
- And here's a formal invite to the proceedings. We'll forget, for now, that it was a Blackhawks fan that made it. (Though, as far as Blackhawks fans go, this one is pretty damn cool.) (S/T to our lead numbers man, Robb) [Twitter / @QUEENCRASH]
- Ryan Lambert says Anton Stralman is the secret weapon to the Lightning(s)' success thanks to his help to Victor Hedman. That and more in What We Learned. [Puck Daddy]
- The injuries are coming out from the Rangers camp. Holy shit, Mats Zuccarello . . . . [CBS Sports Eye on Hockey]
- Now all the coaching jobs are filled, as the Devils are set to hire Wilks Barre-Scranton coach John Hynes as their new man behind the bench. [USA Today]
- The Oshawa Generals won North American junior hockey's top prize, the Memorial Cup, on Sunday night. [Y! / Buzzing the Net]
- Avalanche(s) forwards Jarome Iginla and Patrick Bordeleaux double-team some Oilers unknown in a really fucked up computer game glitch involving a goal celebration. Dale Hunter does not approve. [Kotaku]
- Sorry, Garth Brooks. You're not playing Amalie Arena this weekend. There's something called the "Stanley Cup Final" going on, I hear it's important. [Puck Daddy]
- 12 offbeat holidays you can celebrate in June. Damn right I know about the second one. [Mental Floss]
- Telling fortunes is stupid anyway. [Y! / Reuters]
- Someone tried to limit themselves to Alfred Hitchcock's best seven films. Talk about a TASK. [Nerdist]
- A 92-year-old lady finished a marathon. Yep, we're all lazy. [NPR / The Two-Way]
- Looks like the University of Alabama-Birmingham's football program--which was going to be shut down--is back. [Deadspin]
So, John Green has a list video of 23 strange businesses celebrities put their money into:
JUST SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY . . . haha, no, please don't.
Your links, videos and stuff go here:
- gtdonutking AT gmail DOT com
And look for Episode #88 of Beyond Checkerdome . . . soon.