KEY TO PHOTO GALLERY
1. Chandler "C.J." Yakimowicz.
2. Austin Poganski.
3. Luke Opilka.
4. Ville Husso.
5. 2015 draft pick Glenn Gawdin.
6. Robbie Fabbri.
7. D-prospects Tommy Vannelli and Jordan Schmaltz.
8. Free agent goalie Jeremy "Son Of Marty" Brodeur and left wing prospect Mackenzie Maceachern.
9. Western Leaguers all: Adam Musil, Jaedon Descheneau, and Glenn Gawdin.
10. A trio of 2015 draft picks: Musil, Gawdin, and Niko Mikkola.
11. Samuel Blais.
Some quick observations about the first day of Blues' Prospect Camp 2015:
-- Colton Parayko is a beast. A freakin' beast.
-- Niko Mikkola is pretty good-sized himself, but needs to put a little more meat on his bones.
-- Ditto Tommy Vannelli, who is as skinny as a rail.
-- Ville Husso and Luke Opilka are both very smooth and fluid in their movements in goal. It is hoped that Husso will remain on this side of the pond and maybe get some time in Rosemont with the Wolves.
-- Adam Musil needs to work on his one-timer just a bit; he whiffed three straight times in one drill.
-- Samuel Blais looks a little bigger than the six feet, 175 pounds at which he is listed...
-- Vince Dunn and Jordan Schmaltz have mad skills as offensive d-men.
-- After the first time seeing Robbie Fabbri live and in person on the ice, your GTPD's opinion of him as the 21st Century Doug Gilmour is only reinforced.
-- Fabbri and Ivan Barbashev are clearly head-and-shoulders above their counterparts in terms of offensive skills. Also, both have considerable on-ice presence; your eye is drawn to them when they are in motion.
More to come tomorrow...