- Part Four of Robb's "April Blues" series looks at the goaltending and whether or not they were at fault for the team's disappointing playoff exit at the hands of the Wild(s). [SLGT]
- Game Time's Prospect Department gives his perspective on Jeremy Rutherford's recent piece in the Post-Dispatch regarding prospects such as Dmitrij Jaskin and Petteri Lindbohm and how the team expects them to advance. [SLGT]
- Lindbohm also was involved with a silly video the Blues made for the beginning of informal skates. Also there are Robby Fabbri, Alex Pietrangelo and newcomer Troy Brouwer . . . and it is amusing. [SLGT]
- Puck Daddy's "The (INSERT TEAM HERE) From A To Z" series reached the Blues yesterday. Hildy was all over it. [SLGT FanShots]
- Either the St. Louis Sports Hall of Fame is inducting former Oilers defenseman Chris Joseph into its' ranks or there was a minor but very glaring typo in the ad. [SLGT FanShots]
- Episode #96 of Beyond Checkerdome was short and sweet, and featured discussion on the Patrick Kane news, the deal between the NHL and Adidas, the possibility of ads on sweaters and NHL Headlines! [SLGT]
- When you're a Blues fan, you never need an excuse to say "Fuck Mike Keenan". But seeing him act as Vladimir Lenin in a sketch would probably not hurt the cause. (S/T to HallPlante) [Kukla's Korner]
- Patrick Kane met with investigators recently regarding rape allegations made against him. This is, understandably, a very slowly-developing case. [SLGT]
- Ryan Lambert's been busy this week . . . first, looking at what the Hurricanes should do with Eric Staal in What We Learned [Puck Daddy] . . .
- . . . then, taking what many would consider an odd position on the possibility of ads on sweaters in the first of two Trending Topics pieces [Puck Daddy] . . .
- . . . and in the other, seeing if Christian Ehrhoff is a victim of too many concussions or market inefficiency. [Puck Daddy]
- The Penguins aren't fuckin' around here. They plan on putting new winger Phil Kessel with Sidney Crosby at the beginning of training camp. [TSN]
- Flames Captain and top defenseman Mark Giordano got PPPPPPPAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIID. [Flames]
- The Russian Hockey Federation was fined for its' team being dicks after the IIHF World Championships' final match. [CBS Sports Eye on Hockey]
- The Canadiens brought former NHL player and coach Craig Ramsay aboard as a coaching consultant. [USA Today]
- The Sharks hired Steve Spott--last with the Maple Leafs as an assistant coach--to a similar role in San Jose. [Sportsnet]
- I've had Ninkasi Brewing's products before. I can only imagine this beer--which is made from ingredients they shot into space on someone's private rocket--is pretty good too. This was in April, so I really wonder if any of these beers are left. (S/T to doubleduck) [KGW]
- I fucking want ALL of these Star Wars-themed beer steins. ALL OF THEM. (S/T to my pal Jeff Q.) [Laughing Squid]
- My fraternity brothers at Old Dominion . . . were . . . not smart. [Fox 2 Now]
- Justin Wilson, the IndyCar driver seriously injured Sunday, passed away Monday. Yesterday, news came out that he had designated himself as an organ donor and gave vital help to six people. Awesome stuff. [NPR / The Two-Way]
- Ever wanted to hear the Windows 95 startup sound, slowed down by 4000% (basically, turning it from six seconds to nearly four minutes)? Well, now you can! [Nerdist]
- Included in the Ashley Madison hack? Apparently, 101 ESPN employees. [Deadspin]
- Ten shipwrecks you can visit. The USS 2014-15 St. Louis Blues apparently cannot be visited. [Mental Floss]
- If you're gonna burglarize a house and don't want to get caught, it's probably not a good idea to pass out in the garage. [Y! / AP]
You get a break from the PMJB today so we can look into . . . whether or not ginger ale really helps with stomach aches:
They NEVER know the answer, do they?
BluesMay has your Friday links. Send one of us links and we'll include them. You know how to do it. I think.