The NHL season is officially one week away. Too bad it has to start with . . . THOSE fuckers.
- The Blues had their way with the Stars in another game that didn't count, this time to the tune of 4-1. [Blues]
- Andrew Berkshire looks at how Vladimir Tarasenko scores at such an elite rate. (S/T to J-Mill) [SportlogIQ]
- On Episode #99 of Beyond Checkerdome, we cover The Great One and all the happenings between Episode #98 and the first four preseason contests the Blues have played. [SLGT]
- Kevin Shattenkirk is excited about the very possibility of being bestowed a letter on the front of his sweater this coming season. It's very possible, y'know. [SLGT FanShots]
- Stop me if you've heard this before, but . . . Carl Gunnarsson was injured in practice recently and is now day-to-day with a groin pull. [SLGT FanShots]
- Brian Elliott has apparently gotten over the goaltending "controversy" from the end of last year. [In the Slot / Lou Korac]
- Brady Shaw, the son of Blues associate coach Brad Shaw, is being counted on by the University of Vermont for his future development. [SBN College Hockey]
- Scores that don't count for shit from Monday (five) . . . [NHL.com 09/28/2015] . . . and last night (nine). [NHL.com 09/29/2015]
- Games that don't count for shit tonight (five) . . . [NHL.com 09/30/2015] . . . and Thursday (seven). [NHL.com 10/01/2015]
- Miss T.J. Oshie? Well, he's in a few of these photos from the Capitals' dogs calendar. Also, PUPPIES. (S/T to CrossCheckRaise) [Russian Machine Never Breaks]
- Ryan Lambert has something to say about goaltending controversies in his What We Learned column this week. [Puck Daddy]
- Lambert also has things to say about the contract the Blackhawks gave Brent Seabrook in Trending Topics. [Puck Daddy]
- Maple Leafs radio announcers will not travel with the team and instead will call road games from a television monitor in Toronto. Lou Lamoriello is still an asshole. [CBS Sports Eye on Hockey]
- In honor of the Penguins-Lightning(s) preseason game at the home of the Charlestown Chiefs last night, Evgeni Malkin sported taped-up coke-bottle glasses for warmups. "I'M LISTENING TO THE FUCKING SONG." [The Sporting News]
- People think the new Islanders goal horn is terrible. I believe people who think the new Islanders goal horn is terrible . . . are terrible themselves. Someone explain to me what's wrong with the Goddamn thing, please. It's a horn. It's loud. What else would you like it to be? [USA Today / FTW!]
- Andrew Ference is the best. [Sportsnet]
- An interview with young Leafs defenseman Morgan Rielly, who knows he has a bit to go before he can be the league's best defenseman. Though that's his goal. [TSN]
- Former head of CONCACAF Jack Warner, one of the FIFA officials under indictment on corruption charges, has been given a lifetime ban from FIFA. Sure, cut off the tail to keep the head from growing. [NPR / The Two-Way]
- A Knox College receiver makes an insane catch . . . in front of like ten people in Wisconsin. [Deadspin]
- Yesterday was National Coffee Day. Here are 16 facts about coffee. [Mental Floss]
- Why aren't we exploring Martian water? Basically, for reasons similar to Star Trek's Prime Directive. [Nerdist]
- Weed delivery has gone airborne, if not with minor errors . . . oops. [Y! / AP]
- Chicago Bulls point guard Derrick Rose is a living, breathing, walking pin cushion. Dear Christ. [SB Nation]
Mental Floss looks into why our joints hurt more when it rains:
Well, that didn't say much.
BluesMay has your links Friday. Send her things to click on and videos to view:
- ncismay87 AT gmail DOT com
Unless someone would like to take the helm here, starting next Thursday we'll have links on Blues game days only. Want to do off-day links? Let Hildy or me know!
By the way, the next time there's a links post, it WILL be October, so stop your stupid hashtag.