- Blues fans had a nice "Kroenke Sucks!" chant going during Tuesdays game. [SLGT]
- Team owner Tom Stillman says "He doesn't understand wanting to be anywhere else". [SLGT]
- Devils forward Bobby Farnham earned himself a four-game suspension for his hit on Dmitrij Jaskin Tuesday. Farnham will be out $12,365.60. [SLGT]
- Ryan Reaves has an elephant memory, Paul Stastny is still day-to-day and Brian Elliott will start in net again. [Lou Korac/In the Slot]
KNOW YOUR ENEMY--THE CAROLINA HURRICANES:
- The Carolina Hurricanes have a website that is full of information on the team...it is here: [Canes Country]
- There were four games last night, things happened and teams won and lost. [NHL.com 1/13/16]
- Eight games tonight. There's one happening in this town that no longer has a football team...I think it's called St. Louis and they're playing the candy canes at 7pm. [NHL.com 1/14/16]
- All-Star Captain John Scott has been sent to the Coyotes AHL team for a few days to make room for Kevin Connauton. [Puck Daddy]
- Canadiens forward Alex Galchenyuk is apologizing for his domestic violence story being a "distraction" from the team. What is with victims apologizing?!? [Puck Daddy]
- So shocking! ESPN leaves the LA Kings out of an LA champs video montage because of a "space issue". [Puck Daddy]
- PaPa Wayne Gretzky is starting early on showing his grandson Tatum how to hold a stick- and puck-handle. [CBS Eye on Hockey]
- The players of the Washington Capitals enjoy a good crossword puzzle. Alert puzzle master Will Shortz!! (s/t to CCR) [Washington Post]
- Former Harvard hockey player Bill Keenan, who has a book out soon, shares his story about encountering former Blue and ex-con Mike Danton on the ice in Sweden. (s/t to CCR) [The Post Game]
- Cristiano Rinaldo's statue in his hometown of Funchal, Madeira, Portugal was vandalized with Lionel Messi's name after Messi won the Ballon d'Or. Rinaldo's sister believes the unknown vandals should live in Syria. [Screamer/Deadspin]
- Mizzou basketball has been forced to forfeit all wins from the 2013-14 season. I dislike MU so...meh. [Deadspin]
Yes here's more David Bowie tributes.
"Space Oddity" was played with the church bells of a 600 year old church in The Netherlands.
Now here's some of the TV spots for Adam Driver hosting SNL...I think these are great.
Hoosier Blue is next in line. That's tomorrow. Donut King returns Saturday. I return Monday.