- The Blues put together a solid effort and beat the hated Red Wings last night. Brian Elliott was solid as a moose, Robby Fabbri, Vladimir Tarasenko and Jori Lehtera looked like sweet magic together and Dimitrij Jaskin reminded us why we were excited about him once upon a time. Justin42 has your ugly joe recap. [Recap wasn't ready when I had to go to bed and I have to be at work at 0500 EST, so I won't have time to plug it in later. Maybe one of my fellow writers will give me an assist on this.]
- Buffa82 heard a rumor that we were going to be trading for a young star named Jaden Schwartz. Best part - we don't have to give anyone up. (But it might put us in a cap pinch come summer). [STLGT]
- Robby Fabbri has been working on his figure skating moves. Rminton618 has the inside story. [STLGT]
- Did you know that the T-91 Tarasenko is the NHL's leading scoring-chance-generator? Well, you do now. Check out this piece ad learn just how prolific our main Russian battle-tank is. (s/t to the donut monarch) [Sportsnet]
- Jaden isn't the only Schwartz returning from injury. [Gazette]
- Ok, so I am going to try this thing... The stupidheads at Jewels From the Crown do a player ranking post every day after a game. It seems like a neat idea, so I am jacking that shit. (Assuming I get the embedding right...) Here is the thing, you don't HAVE to vote for EVERY player. If they played a ho-hum game, then don't vote. If they sucked or rocked, vote accordingly. If this works and gets some traction, I will keep doing it. If it sucks...blame California.
- There were only 3 games last night. But, only one was complete at press time, so I have no idea who won the other two. Click here and check it out, if you care. [NHL]
- 10 Games tonight. You're cheering for Tampa Bay, Edmonton, L.A., Winnipeg and Columbus. [NHL]
- Pierre McGuire is an idiot and couldn't even be troubled to learn who the Detroit coach was before trying to interview...the wrong guy. [Puck Daddy]
- Jonathon Drouin, one of the players rumored to be a topic of Blues trade talks, is amping up his drama and adding to his baggage. [Puck Daddy]
- This Russian has serious skills and more serious issues. [Bored Panda]
- When you live in Minnesota and it's bitter cold (6 months of the year or so) you have to be creative to keep life interesting. Like freezing jeans in upright positions around town. [Distractify]
- Are you an asshole? Probably. But to be sure, I have a few questions for you. [College Humor]
- Your beer of the day is Snow Day by New Belgium. This beer starts off a little hoppy and finishes strong with malts and chocolate undertones. A delicious way to kill some time indoors. [Untappd]
Song of the day:
Hating Detroit, I can't quit you...