The Blues have several new resolutions for 2016.
For instance, they resolve to not play with the lead very long.
They resolve to start losing games when tied after 2 periods (which they had never done until the game against MIN).
They resolve to lose more games in which they score first.
They resolve to double down on defensive zone turnovers and low percentage shots. And, they resolve to leave the offense to Vladimir Tarasenko.
I have a new resolution as well. I am going make sure that my effort on links matches the effort by the Blues in their last game. This is going to be easy.
- Great News! The Blues started on their resolutions on New Year's Eve against the Wild, and did a great job keeping them against the Leafs last night. It's gonna be a GREAT 2016! [STLGT]
Patrik Berglund is back with a fashion extravaganza video! [STLGT]
- Our very own Buffa ponders what Berglnd's return means for the Blues. Well, we got our answer tonight...not much. To be fair, the big Swede looked pretty good the last half of the game. Oh, and the article has a poll...and you all know how I feel about those. [STLGT]
- Berglund is being "cautious" I hear. [STLPD]
- Another look at Berglund's return. [Puck Daddy]
- 11 other games last night. The Stars and the Wild lost, but the Preds won. [NHL]
- Only 4 games tonight, but all 4 of them feature a central division foe, making the choice easy for who to cheer for (or against, as the case may be). [NHL]
- The NHL just got trolled. Arizona enforcer John Scott was voted into the game...as a joke...because it will be funny to see him play 3-on-3 with the best in the league. Please say he is going to play...please say he is going to play... [Puck Daddy]
- HE IS GOING TO PLAY! Scott will captain the Pacific team. Jagr will also be playing. This is going to be great. [Puck Daddy]
- Crazy game of poker in Columbus last night featuring multiple comebacks, great shootout goals, an awkward goalie injury and a cold 3rd-string goalie entering the game a minute into OT and working some late-game heroics to seal the deal. Shout-out to my 2nd team , the Blue Jackets, for a hell of a comeback. [The Cannon]
- Bleacher report takes a look at the top 10 players likely to be available at the trade deadline this year. Will the Blues be shopping? Who should be on their list? [B/R]
- Bartenders are magicians. Real bartenders, not drink slingers at beer bars, can make or break your entire experience. Here are some secrets from behind the bar. [Mental Floss]
- Did 2015 suck for you? Life is hard, suck it up, and check out these heartwarming photos that may brighten your blackened soul just a shade. [Bored Panda]
- The twitter is a cesspool. But like every cesspool, there are nuggets of gold floating among the feces and vermin. (Disclaimer: metaphor not to be taken seriously. Do NOT dive into actual cesspools looking for gold nuggets). [College Humor]
- Your beer of the day is The Calling, by Boulevard. Hops, balanced nicely by fruity undertones and subtle malts. All of the depth, balance and consistency the Blues haven't had all season. Resolve to try this delightful beer in 2016. [Untappd]
Song of the Day:
"I've got 100 resolutions, but I've got no solutions." Hitchcock quote or lyric from this wonderful song?
Good to be back after my Christmas Hiatus. Donut King or one of his subsidiaries will be with you tomorrow.