A possible update -- and a possible opportunity! -- awaits at the end of this links post.
- If there's anything you needed to catch up on from this weekend's NHL All-Star Game and its' companion skills competition . . . we had quite a StoryStream of the events here at St. Louis Game Time--featuring plenty of great stuff from our lady at the scene, Hildy. Great job, crew! [SLGT]
- Despite having one entrant (who didn't get to do much, actually) . . . the St. Louis area had plenty of ratings share on Sunday's All-Star Game. [SLGT FanPosts]
- The Blues recalled Ty Rattie, which was somewhat expected, but instead of picking Jordan Binnington back up from Chicago . . . they brought in Pheonix Copley, who's played better during the break. [SLGT FanShots]
- Jaden Schwartz skates but is not ready to come back yet. Jake Allen still has not resumed skating. Magnus Paajarvi is ready to return. [In the Slot / Lou Korac]
KNOW YOUR ENEMY--THE NASHVILLE PREDATORS:
- The hosts of one of the best All-Star Games in quite a while get to host the Blues tonight. Check out the fine folks who covered the event for SB Nation . . . On The Forecheck. Plenty of great Predators news and fan views over there as well. [On The Forecheck]
- And we're back at it tonight . . . 12 games, including that one in NashVegas. [NHL.com 02/02/2016]
- Dan says Goon is the greatest hockey film of all time. Well golly gee, I find that a very strange way to spell Slap Shot . . . . [SLGT]
- Ben Frederickson says the NHL deserves zero credit for what John Scott did this weekend. And he's abso-fucking-lutely right about that. [StL Today]
- Over the weekend, it was reported that NHL commissioner Gary Bettman signed an extension that will keep him commissioner until at least 2022. Enjoy that next lockout, kids! [SLGT]
- Who's the best at 3-on-3 overtime? That and more (such as knowing Brian Elliott is not the starter when Jake Allen gets back) in What We Learned, from Ryan Lambert. [Puck Daddy]
- Out of the four All-Star Game formats tried over the last two decades, which one is the best? [CBS Sports Eye on Hockey]
- According to Captain of the Penguins, Sidney Crosby, the playoffs "start now" for that squad. Which happens when a well-hyped team blows for the better chunk of a season. [USA Today]
- Oilers rookie phenom Connor McDavid is slated to return tonight, according to reports. [The Sporting News]
- The Oilers will be playing the Blue Jackets. Their coach, John Tortorella, says he "screwed up" with forward Brandon Saad at the outset of his tenure there. Still no mention of the same with Ryan Johansen, but since he's playing in NashVegas now, I guess such an admission will not be forthcoming. [Sportsnet]
- One of the problems with the Senators is that they're located in the middle of fucking nowhere in the Ottawa area and not everyone wants to drive that far to go to a hockey game (See Arizona, Glendale). A group wants to fix that by purchasing the Sens as part of its' plan to redevelop the LeBreton Flats area near Centretown Ottawa. [TSN]
- Scientists say rainfall on earth may be affected by the moon, much as tides are affected by that big hunk of bleu cheese in the sky. [NPR / The Two-Way]
- A man in the UK went and turned a 1994 Ford Explorer into a Jurassic Park cruiser. [Nerdist]
- A reminder that if you're not rooting for the Broncos in Super Bowl L (FUCK YOU, NFL, IT'S NOT 50), you're doing it wrong. Here, defensive coordinator Wade Phillips wears cornerback Aqib Talib's gold chain at Opening Night. [SB Nation / #Lookit]
- Obviously, you know today is Groundhog Day. But here are 19 other wild ass February holidays. [Mental Floss]
- Someone needs to bring an oversized banana to Rogers Sportsnet for the NHL trade deadline. [Deadspin / Screamer]
BEER OF THE DAY:
- Over the weekend . . . my wife, mother-in-law, stepfather-in-law and I cruised by Columbia, MO and I had a couple beers from the fine folks of Logboat Brewing Company. I didn't have this one at the brewery . . . because I had it for Episode #116 of Beyond Checkerdome! I can definitely say . . . Snapper IPA is tasty. If you like IPA's, that is. Like I do. [Untappd]
No, seriously. Slap Shot is the greatest hockey film of all time. Do not interrupt Steve Hanson while he's listening to the National Anthem:
"I'M LISTENING TO THE FUCKING SONG."
But Slap Shot isn't just The Hanson Brothers. Reggie Dunlop is fucking tired of "Lady Of Spain":
I guess I'd get tired of that tune too.
And now, for the long-awaited important update . . .
One of two things may be happening soon:
- no links on Blues non-gamedays, or
- one of YOU enterprising people can get an opportunity to do links on Blues off-days.
It appears that logistics perhaps has risen up and bitten Hoosier Blue in the ass. BUT . . . nothing's set in stone yet. As such, though, it's highly doubtful there will be links tomorrow.
If we have updates, either BluesMay (who returns Thursday, by the way) or I will let everyone know.
In case something DOES go down, let me or Hildy know (my email is in my profile, and I'm pretty sure Hildy has hers on her profile too) if you'd be interested in doing links on Blues non-gamedays.
It doesn't pay well (or, really, at all), BUT . . . you could become regionally famous!